1xPC with 2xLAN connected to switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 17:24:36 - last edited 2020-11-17 13:13:22
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20181120 Rel.40476

Hello,

Hello i bought second ethernet to my PC, i want to try multi-channel with win 10 (2 GB/s bandwidth). It's seems it works. Bandwidth was distributed across two ethernet cards 2 x 500 Mb/s in same time. It should be 2x 1GB/s but second USB ethernet on notebook did not want to work this way. Because i am just a regular user :D i give it up.

But i let 2 x ethernet from one PC connected to switch still. And here is a problem "i think". It's seems laggy when are connected two cables from one PC to switch. I can notice it when i am browsing the internet, it seems to be always quicker with just one cable connected.

I do not need any help but guess the you tp-link.com can check this "issue?".

Best regards, Mac

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:1xPC with 2xLAN connected to switch-Solution
2020-11-15 16:49:03 - last edited 2020-11-17 13:13:22

@Andone 

Hello i finally make it work :) There was a driver issue on notebook side. No problem with tp-link switch at all, no laggy any more. I love tp-link now :)

There is no need to set link aggregation or teaming anywhere. SMB Multichannel is just plug and play if every thing is setup well. And that was a problem, because i have no elementary knowledge about ethernet things. I will share with you guys how i make it work. You can find same pictures in .pdf attachment.

Some links: SMB wikipedia , SMB Microsoft blogs

System on both NB and PC is latest Windows 10 (20H2, October)

Best regards, Mac

File:
SMB Multichannel.pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:1xPC with 2xLAN connected to switch
2020-04-23 03:53:10

@MacSquirrelJedi 

Even your PC has two network adapter, I think the taffic of the application may only go through one network adapter. You may need to set link aggregation for network adapter if you want to increase bandwidth. But if your switch and router doesn't support link aggregation, then it still will not make sense.

Router----1G speed-----switch----2G speed----PC 

For example, suppose that switch and you PC support link aggregation, they can get 2G bandwidth for the link. But the link between the router and the switch still only has 1G speed. So your PC still can only get 1G download speed.   

Options
Re:1xPC with 2xLAN connected to switch-Solution
2020-11-15 16:49:03 - last edited 2020-11-17 13:13:22

@Andone 

Hello i finally make it work :) There was a driver issue on notebook side. No problem with tp-link switch at all, no laggy any more. I love tp-link now :)

There is no need to set link aggregation or teaming anywhere. SMB Multichannel is just plug and play if every thing is setup well. And that was a problem, because i have no elementary knowledge about ethernet things. I will share with you guys how i make it work. You can find same pictures in .pdf attachment.

Some links: SMB wikipedia , SMB Microsoft blogs

System on both NB and PC is latest Windows 10 (20H2, October)

Best regards, Mac

File:
SMB Multichannel.pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 753

Replies: 2

Related Articles