CPE210 loses connection and/or makes entire internet go down after a few minutes (Repeater mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210 loses connection and/or makes entire internet go down after a few minutes (Repeater mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 19:50:22 - last edited 2020-06-11 19:56:02
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've recently tried setting up a CPE210 I just recently bought to function as a wireless extender for outdoor use - we want to install some security cameras wirelessly outdoors.  We have WiFi in our building, but the building has brick walls in most places, so no WiFi travels outside of them.  I was hoping to wire the CPE210 directly to a switch that connects to our router with an ethernet cable so that we can route this cable through an exterior wall, and have a WiFi signal distributed through the CPE connected to it.  

I've been able to login to the PharOS Web Interface, set it up as a "Repeater", and connected it to our existing router.  However, after maybe 1-2 minutes of it being connected, I continuously get the error message to pop up - "Failure - Failed to get data."  This will often (but not always) take down the entire internet that is associated with that router, so no other devices that were already connected to the router have internet connectivity.  

The setup for the CPE210 is:

Modem -> Router -> Switch -> Power Adapter (LAN slot) -> Power Adapter (POE slot) to CPE210 (this one is roughly a 200ft cable).  All of these are directly connected via ethernet cables.  I do not have a second CPE, as I've seen as shown in some setup configurations, but I only want to extend the wireless signal to just outside of the building so that I can mount wireless cameras on the outside of the building, I don't need it to travel very far.

Is there a better/more preffered way to set this up that would work better?  Thanks in advance.  If you need further clarification on my setup then let me know.

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 loses connection and/or makes entire internet go down after a few minutes (Repeater mode)
2020-06-11 20:52:35

@FirstTwo These CPE210 are made for WIFI for your devices..... they are 2 radios to give you an invisible ethernet cable between the buildings.  I have many of these running now with Unifi hardware.  You will then need a EAP245 on the other end to provide your WIFI for devices....it is a AP.

Attached pic may give you some help on a PTP network diagram needed between buildings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1328

Replies: 1