Opinions on TP-Link business grade equipment?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 07:12:22
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

With some success, my employer is pushing their products to our consumer base. Since my business customers have grown and needed more than a simple 5 port desktop switch, my employer decided to move to Comcast's EDI with TP-Link 's routers and switches, especially for those customers.

I do not have a terribly strong view of the reliability of consumer devices, but I have had good customer service experiences.

Do any of you great folks, now or in the past, work with their business equipment? They are simple enough to work with, but my concern is that these devices are going to be reliable enough for customers where it is not possible to afford downtime.

Thoughts? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Opinions on TP-Link business grade equipment?
2020-11-08 02:41:58

@Gabriellk 

I am a 30 year consulting network and hardware person that has been involved with many many brands of network hardware over the years.  The last 15 years I have been installing Unifi hardware devices too small and medium size businesses and some residential.  I purchased some TPLlink hardware about 6 months ago and still very very curious of how it is ALMOST a twin to Unifi hardware?????  In the last few years I have seen alot of these hardware vendors that hit the small businesses and residential have literally have almost NO support, and hardly no documentation at all.  If you do not have much network experience..... you are going to have a long long road to figuring anything out. 

I have consulted 1000's of users all over the world who fight these types of struggles every day.  These types of hardware vendors are NOT PLUG and PLAY at all.  These vendors are offering very very cheap hardware now compared to Cisco, Juniper, etc.... and you get what you pay for.  Yes it is great that they are cheap, no licensing crap.......... BUT with Unifi you better carry spares on the shelf when they fail.... cause you only get 1 year warranty, bad RMA issues.... almost 0 support, no phone number to call and without great support ......any business's hardware is junk to me.  

I just got started with TPLink.....so lets see if they do much much better than their competitors..... if they do not then I will NOT be buying and selling their hardware anymore either.....

My $.02

Options
Re:Opinions on TP-Link business grade equipment?
2020-11-10 13:45:36

@Gabriellk I have played with a few, but I would consider them for a business where I am only dealing with may 10 or less clients, may push it to 20 if costs are a big point. Any more than that and I would go to the Unifi for my equipment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1150

Replies: 2