CPE210 AP Router Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-25 19:03:10 - last edited 2021-08-29 06:44:50
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: CPE210(US)_V2_20190620

The arrangement below works.  Questions:

- I currently administer the unit wireless.  Is there any way to administer wired ?

Could I administer thru Pharos Control ?  Pharos Control does see the Unit, but can not connect

- I am unable to update the CPE210 firmware.  After upload, it says "file can not be read"

- does the CPE210 allow for Scheduled WiFi Access Control ( by time of day ) ?  I don't see it

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE210 AP Router Questions
2021-08-30 15:36:29 - last edited 2021-08-30 15:39:07

@gdurniak Have you tried connecting them directly to a computer and updating their firmware trough web interface? It is a known bug wich you cannot upgrade the firmware trough Pharos control that was fixed in latest firmware you can find it here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe210/v2/#Firmware

And no, cpe series does not support Scheduled WiFi Access Control.

Options
2021-09-01 16:36:59

@cristianvdr Yes, I did try a wired connection.  

Please note that the instructions warn that once in AP Router Mode,  LAN becomes WAN, so no longer available for Management

I suspect I may have to go back to AP Mode,  to update the Firmware

Greg

> Have you tried connecting them directly to a computer ?

Options
2021-09-19 17:34:33 - last edited 2021-09-23 20:34:00

@cristianvdr  [ EDITED ]

1.  Your "Save" Changes  Button is ingenious

I set the Unit back to "Access Point",  clicked "Apply" ( but not "Save" ),  then upgraded the Firmware with a wired connection

Much to my surprise,  upon REBOOT,  the Unit came back as "AP Router"

2.  As "AP Router",  I can administer the Unit Wireless,  but not wired

I have the Pharos Control Server Software installed,  and it does "Discover" the Unit,  but can not connect.  

Is a connection to this Model possible, in AP Router Mode ?

On the "Management" Tab,  "SSH Login" and "Remote Management" are  enabled, on Server Port 22  ( see screen shot below )

Thanks

Options
2021-09-29 13:15:12

@cristianvdr ( Cont'd )

In "AP Router" Mode,  there are "Access Control" settings, that allow for Host, Target, Day of Week, and Hours.  However,  I was unable to make any sense of it

Instead,  I set the Firewall Access Control on the Verizon FIOS Router,  to enable / deny internet access to the CPE210 on a fixed Schedule

greg

>  cpe series does not support Scheduled WiFi Access Control.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 974

Replies: 4

Related Articles