Using CPE210 & RE105 to pick up Wi-Fi in an RV campground

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-06 22:27:15
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

On the TP-Link website it appears to suggest I can use a CPE210 and RE105 with the CPE set up in client mode, and the RE105 as an access point.

I'm very new to this whole thing, so I'm wondering if anyone has used this set up? I've seen a video on setting the CPE210 up in client mode, but have not found anything about setting up the RE105 as an access point?

Any advice will be helpful. Also am open to suggestions of other equipment.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using CPE210 & RE105 to pick up Wi-Fi in an RV campground
2022-10-13 11:40:28

@Playstheblues 

It is not recommended to use it in this way.

Firstly, the CPE210 is a businness product, designed for long-distance point-to-point transmission topology, while the RE, as a home product, has a relatively close signal propagation distance and is generally used for indoor WiFi expansion, not suitable for long-distance point-to-point transmission.

With the CPE210 as Client mode to receive the AP's signal, you need to ensure that the AP can transmit a long distance WiFi signal stably, and obviously the RE is not able to do this.
The classic topology is generally recommended to use two CPE210s together, one as an AP and one as a Client.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Using CPE210 & RE105 to pick up Wi-Fi in an RV campground
2022-10-18 11:23:14

@Playstheblues replied in other thread

CPE710 Client Mode RV Park

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Related Articles