RV WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RV WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RV WiFi
RV WiFi
2022-10-13 22:30:11 - last edited 2022-10-13 22:34:29
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I thought I had posted this thread last week, but it does not seem to be here.

Has anyone used a CPE210 and RE105 to improve WiFi access in RV campgrounds?

I am very new to this stuff and looking for help. The TP-Link website indicates this setup will work when the CPE210 is set in Client mode, then hard wired to a RE105 set in access point mode. I have not been able to find much information other than tha online so any help is appreciated 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RV WiFi
2022-10-14 12:46:26
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-18 09:59:06 - last edited 2022-10-18 15:28:19

@Playstheblues 

ah yes, the wonderful world of RV Park Wi-fi. No matter how good the internet is and how good the wifi coverage is,  devices inside your camper suffer from being inside your camper.  You are on the right track by piping the strongest signal possible inside to either an AP or Router and letting your devices connect inside the camper.

I currently live in an RV Park and during my two year stay here have built the parks WI-FI network. I am doing something very similar to what you are trying and with excellent results. With the exception of upgrading my router a couple of days ago, this has been my setup for over two years and has worked flawlessly.

I would go with a 5ghz CPE if possibe since RV Parks are notoriously flooded with 2.4Ghz devices. Downside is park may not have 5Ghz, and if they do, you could run into issues connecting to it if the channel is set to AUTO. My CPE710 could not even see the Parks EAP610 so I had to set the Parks EAP610 to a set channel. You seldom have the luxury of modifying the RV Parks Wi-Fi settings, so I have a CPE210 in case I have 5Ghz connection issues or if park only has 2.4Ghz.

Standing in the middle of my RV with phone connected to RVParks EAP610, which is about 80 feet away with line of site to my camper, but obviously not the the phone.

Standing in the same spot, connected the my AX3000. This is the full rated speed of the parks ISP.

Options
2022-10-18 10:56:08 - last edited 2022-10-18 15:22:13

@Playstheblues another option is to just add a wireless router in your camper. Set it to AP Mode and enable WDS Bridging. That basically allows your router to connect to the parks Wifi through 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz. This will typically provide a stronger signal and in turn your devices connect to the router inside your camper. I have done this for a few of our long term guests.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 3

Related Articles