CPE510 : AP as well as Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 18:46:57 - last edited 2023-01-06 07:16:00
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi ..

I am thinking of buying two (2) CPE510 units to create a bridge between my home & an external garage I have.

From looking at the setup guide, the first unit is put into AP mode and the second into Client mode.

Does this mean that I can also use the AP (house) unit as an outside AP for internet access, as well as the connection to the Client (garage),

My router is in the basement due to installation requirements, and the signal makes it's way OK through the house; just not outside.

Thanks for any assistance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE510 : AP as well as Bridge-Solution
2023-01-05 05:57:26 - last edited 2023-01-06 07:16:00

@IveM 

Hey, yes you can, with two considerations (distance and height of installation).

The only thing is the distance between your house and garage, which I assume shouldn't be too much. If they are very far, you need to set the distance in the configuration, when you set a high distance, say 2 or 3 km, clients near the access point will not get good quality.

So if they are close, and you don't install the AP too high, they can connect as well, because the coverage underneath the AP is not that high (as CPE is designed with the sector antenna for high range communication). 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 : AP as well as Bridge-Solution
2023-01-05 05:57:26 - last edited 2023-01-06 07:16:00

@IveM 

Hey, yes you can, with two considerations (distance and height of installation).

The only thing is the distance between your house and garage, which I assume shouldn't be too much. If they are very far, you need to set the distance in the configuration, when you set a high distance, say 2 or 3 km, clients near the access point will not get good quality.

So if they are close, and you don't install the AP too high, they can connect as well, because the coverage underneath the AP is not that high (as CPE is designed with the sector antenna for high range communication). 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 1

Related Articles