NVR1016H(UN) 1.0 Loop Recording deletes the latest video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 17:43:21 - last edited 2023-02-19 18:39:27
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 221020 Rel.59040n

I have connected 6 cameras, all 24/7 continuous recording, 2X Tapo C32ows, 4X VIGI C340 with 1TB Hardisk circular write of disk enabled. Currently the hardisk is full and last channel(Channel 6 VIGI C340) is not being recorded & I found latest recordings being deleted in all other channels instead of old recordings. Please check below.

Today is 19th February & I don't see any recordings from yesterday 18th feb 03:41PM

Here 17th Feb(two days before) after 10:41PM No recordings

Observation

Channel 1 : Tapo C320ws Previous days, end of the day recordings(after 3PM, after 10PM, After 7PM) is missing.

Channel 2 : Tapo C320ws same as Channel 1

Channel 3 : VIGI C340 same as Channel 1

Channel 4 : VIGI C340 same as Channel 1

Channel 5 : VIGI C340 Yesterday(18th Feb) Completely No recording. Feb 17th After 12PM recording missing

Channel 6: VIGI C340 Totally No Recording.

If my understanding is right, circular write of disk should delete the very old recordings and write the latest recordings. But in my case I see strange.

Options
3 Reply
Re:NVR1016H(UN) 1.0 Loop Recording deletes the latest video
2023-02-21 09:06:38

Dear @dubecell ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to TP-Link community!

Could you please provide some screenshots to show your Recording settings?

Please tell us the model number of the 1TB Hardisk.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-21 09:48:21 - last edited 2023-02-21 10:23:21

@Hank21 Here is my all channel recording settings

Below is my Hard disk information. I'm unsure about the model number. but this is the 2.5 inch Toshiba harddisk pulled out from my laptop. It is working perfectly. If you need the model number further I can uninstall the nvr cover & take a photo of it. 

Todays' Observation

When I tried to playback last two channel video from mobile app I got the message No local storage device. Unable to record and playback. Sudden panic and again I tried with NVR to playback the records and it is recording perfectly fine. So decided to run a smart detection and there were no bad sectors. So the culprit is VIGI IOS App, which is showing playback Blank/No local storage error even though it is recorded in the Hardisk. I cleared the mobile app from memory and tried still the same. some where sync between NVR & mobile app is cached producing such blank/ no local storage error repeatedly. 

Options
2023-02-23 05:50:44

Dear @dubecell

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230239491, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 3

Related Articles