What type of Hardware should I use Access Point/Bridge etc..... I'm a newbie.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-26 01:40:32 - last edited 2023-02-26 01:43:00
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Everybody, Newbie here.

I'm looking at what kind of hardware I should use to bring Internet to my camp.  I did the whole "Line of Sight" thing with Google Earth and Solwise elevation survey.  I'm trying to send the Signal 3.9Km, my house is about 200M from the shore, there's maybe 200 ft of trees between me and the shore, then it's clear all the way to the camp.  I started looking at the "CPE710 TP-Link 5GHz AC 867Mbps 23dBi Outdoor CPE".  I wonder if because there's that 200ft of forest between me and the shore.  My house is 16Meters higher than the water level on a hill, the top of the camp is 9Meters over the water level.  Maybe I should go with another type of equipment.  I'd like to have maybe an Accesspoint at my house and a receiver antenna at the camp, maybe 2.4Ghz would be better, the line of sight if I put the antennas on top of my house and the top of the camp and the line of sight says I'm going through the top of a couple of trees, not too bad.   What would you guys suggest to use for that.  If there was any kind of Internet provider on the other side of the water I'd go with that so I can telework from the camp but I have no other options.  I'd like to get around 300Mbs but I could work with 100Mbs.  I'm hoping someone can help me with that.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:What type of Hardware should I use Access Point/Bridge etc..... I'm a newbie.
2023-03-01 13:38:30

@Martinbou 

Use 2 CPE710 to set point-point transmission, it is OK.

It could be able to transmit a stable signal as long as you make sure that you place the two CPEs facing each other and that they are hung high enough.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 2

Related Articles