Webcam installer and operator dumped us

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 21:51:25 - last edited 2023-06-19 03:43:36

My partner and I own a brick and mortar with about 50 camera. The person that installed the camera for us dumped us and we lost access to the video. 

I do have the list of ip address but how do I access the camera?  

What do I need to do to get started ?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Webcam installer and operator dumped us-Solution
2023-06-14 10:39:23 - last edited 2023-06-19 03:43:36

@wannaknow 

Hi, are your cameras tplink products?What is the model number of them? Do you have a NVR?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-19 02:56:13 - last edited 2023-06-19 03:46:02

@wannaknow 

Uhm... It seems like not a tp link camera but the TSL camera.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
2023-06-14 10:39:23 - last edited 2023-06-19 03:43:36

@wannaknow 

Hi, are your cameras tplink products?What is the model number of them? Do you have a NVR?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Webcam installer and operator dumped us
2023-06-18 12:03:20

@wannaknow 

(Hi, are your cameras tplink products?What is the model number of them? Do you have a NVR?) 

from what I understand we have Tplink

the model number is 

CMIP3342W-M

4 MP 1/3 " SENSOR 

4mm, DC 12V POE

with 

SN: 9 nuber with held)

Mac (number with held) 

thank you 

Options
2023-06-19 02:56:13 - last edited 2023-06-19 03:46:02

@wannaknow 

Uhm... It seems like not a tp link camera but the TSL camera.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-28 13:53:08

@wannaknow 

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your Partner who installed the cameras. To regain access to the camera video, you'll need to take a few steps. First, ensure that you have the necessary login credentials or administrator access to the camera system. Then, using the list of IP addresses, try accessing the cameras through a web browser by typing the IP address in the address bar. If that doesn't work, you may need to consult the camera manufacturer's documentation or reach out to their support for further assistance in accessing the cameras. Best of luck in resolving this issue and regaining control of your camera system. #Partner

Options
2023-08-23 11:59:58

@wannaknow 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing. To regain access to your cameras, you can start by following these steps:

1. Check Camera Brands: Identify the brands and models of the cameras you have. This will help in finding the correct instructions for accessing them.

2. Network Setup: Ensure that your cameras are connected to the network. Use the list of IP addresses to determine each camera's location on the network.

3. Default Login Credentials: Research default login credentials for the camera brands you have. You might find these in the camera's manual or online resources.

4. Web Interface or App: Enter the camera's IP address in a web browser to access its web interface. Alternatively, if there's a dedicated app for your camera model, download and install it.

5. Login and Configuration: Use the default or any known login credentials to access the camera. Once logged in, you can configure settings, reset passwords, and regain control over your cameras.

6. Professional Assistance: If the cameras were professionally installed, consider hiring a reputable technician to help you regain access and set up proper security measures.

Remember to update passwords and ensure your cameras have the latest much door firmware to enhance security. Good luck with recovering access to your camera system

Options
2023-08-23 14:03:00

@wannaknow 

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To regain access to your cameras, you'll likely need to reconfigure them. Using the list of IP addresses is a good start. Connect to your network and access the camera's web interface via a browser using the IP. You might need login credentials, which could be Leave factory defaults or changed by the installer. If that doesn't work, reaching out to a professional or the camera manufacturer's support could help you reestablish control over your camera system. Good luck!

Options
2023-08-27 16:54:32 - last edited 2023-08-27 16:56:35

@wannaknow 

Here I ask a Google Bard 😅

1. Find the login credentials for the cameras. This may be a username and password, or it may be a certificate. If you do not have the login credentials, you may need to contact the camera manufacturer or installer for assistance.
  2. Find the IP addresses of the cameras. You already have this information.
  3. Use a web browser to access the cameras. You can dothis by entering the IP address of the camera into the address bar of your web browser.
  4. Log in to the cameras using the login credentials that you found.
  5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to view the video from the cameras.
Amir
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 7

Related Articles