CPE210 bridge no internet...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 18:09:36 - last edited 2023-07-18 07:47:11
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just set up a bridge with 2x CPE 210. I did the quick set-up, attatching the access point to each other. I get good signal strength. They are approx 60 m (200ft) apart. 

However, I cannot get internet access through the bridge. 😥
(What happened to plug & play?)

"Internet" side is connected to a High cap router w fiber optic connection, 100+Mbps. 

The recieving side is connected to a gigabit router with PoE (but I have to use the injector anyway). 

What am I missing in the set-up?

Should one end be Access point and recieving Bridge mode? I have both as Bridge.

All help appreciated!

/H

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE210 bridge no internet...-Solution
2023-07-18 06:34:42 - last edited 2023-07-18 07:47:11

@HenrikBage 

HenrikBage wrote

Should one end be Access point and recieving Bridge mode? I have both as Bridge.

It should one end be AP, one end be Client mode. Check this out.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE210 bridge no internet...-Solution
2023-07-18 06:34:42 - last edited 2023-07-18 07:47:11

@HenrikBage 

HenrikBage wrote

It should one end be AP, one end be Client mode. Check this out.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:CPE210 bridge no internet...
2023-07-18 06:53:02

Thanks  @Virgo 

Did change that setting, with no success though.

Since I cannot have the same IP on both units, I changed it to ...251, and then it just went sour from there. 

No I basically cannot communicate witht he units. So, in order to remedy the situation, I did a reset.

After reset, the respose time is enormous, if they even respond. Most often not. I can wait 5-10-30 min, and the connection to the units doesn't timeout, but get nowhere with a blank screen, or I get the "system information is being updated..." message, freezing the unit.

Either way, I now have AP and Bridge setting but still no internet. 

I cannot check status as the Bridge unit is not responding. 

Getting these TP-link units is turning more and more into a mistake. I did read that the setting up was a bit complicated, but this is not complicated, it's non-functioning.

Options
2023-07-18 07:43:45
Options
2023-07-18 11:42:41

@HenrikBage You really need a complete topology map to show what you are doing. I see you have two routers, which potentially means two DHCP servers, different subnets, etc.  Getting the two CPE210 connected it pretty straight forward but its difficult for anyone to assist if we cannot see what is going on with the routers on each end.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 4

Related Articles