Random 1-3 second long disconnects from wired network when using tl-sg105 switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Random 1-3 second long disconnects from wired network when using tl-sg105 switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-19 07:02:22
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-SL2210WEB

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Google Fiber

I have a TP-Link SG105 used on my Google Fiber gigabit network. When I hook my desktop PCs into the network straight from the router to the PC I have no problems. When I use a switch randomly about 3-4 times per hour I will get short disconnects from the network for about 1 second each time which causes problems with online gaming.

I have had my ISP (Google Fiber) come out and test everything and they can't find any problems in any of their equipment or my ethernet cables.
Options
11 Reply
Re:Random 1-3 second long disconnects from wired network when using tl-sg105 switch
2015-06-01 13:42:48
Same things is append on me. This is your LAN card/ Ethernet port problem. Change the LAN card to solve this problem. essay service can help to write your valuable essay!
Options
Re:Random 1-3 second long disconnects from wired network when using tl-sg105 switch
2015-12-05 07:05:33
I have the same problem. If I use a direct 10 meter cable from the PS4 to the router, works perfectly. But when I use the TL-SG105 switch between the router and the PS4 randomly the conection is lost with the message that the cable is disconnected. Before I try another brand is there I can try ? As I can see is a problem with the energy saving of this firmware...
Options
2015-12-07 14:23:27
you can contact the tplink supporter directly for help. TL-SG105 is just an unmanaged switch, I do not think it will cause problem of dropping online.
Options
2015-12-07 19:38:29
Yes, but there is no doubt about it. If the Sony PS4 is connected directly to a port of the router, works perfectly and there isn't any issue. But if at the end of the cable I connect a TL-SG105 in order to connect any other device like TV apart from the PS4, the random messages of disconnected wire begins. Sometimes three in one hour, or two in three hours.
There is impossible to play because of the continuous messages of disconnected wire. So I have connected the PS4 directly to the cable without the TL-SG105 and since that moment, I never have watched a disconnected wire again. I know that is a unmanaged switch, but I am sure that the problem is with the switch and its firmware or its green power saving. There is a lot of people claiming about the same issue with this model. There is not a isolated case. And of course I cannot change the integrated LAN of the PS4 console!
Options
2015-12-18 01:21:24
:o:o:o Good news !

For all of you that are suffering from strange signal cuts, In several models of unmanaged switches, I am glad to communicate that there is a very simple way to solve it. The only thing you have to do is to set manual IP in every device connected instead of automatic DHCP addresing.

For that reason, I must to apologize for blaming this manufacturer. In fact, I have been cumstomer of TP-LINK for many years ago... now that everything is working like a charm, like allways with TP.LINK !
Options
2015-12-26 16:46:48

candabi wrote

:o:o:o Good news !

For all of you that are suffering from strange signal cuts, In several models of unmanaged switches, I am glad to communicate that there is a very simple way to solve it. The only thing you have to do is to set manual IP in every device connected instead of automatic DHCP addresing.

For that reason, I must to apologize for blaming this manufacturer. In fact, I have been cumstomer of TP-LINK for many years ago... now that everything is working like a charm, like allways with TP.LINK !

Ehhh ....
Why do you NOT blame the manufactor (TP-Link) for having to set static IP addresses on the connected devices, instead of DHCP ?
I would be furious if myTP-Link would do DHCP snooping or the likes, without me being able to disable it (actually wo. me enabling it).

The switch is a L2 device , and it should KEEP away from ANY L3 packets wo. being told not to.

/Bingo
Options
I agree with you
2015-12-27 18:52:35
It's a fact that the random disconnectings are strange, but are a fact. I had never seen a similar efect, and I have not any doubt that are related to some kind of filter inside the switch. For that reason I blamed to the power saving system of the unit. The main thing that makes me crazy is the random behaviour. On the other hand, If DHCP is disabled, the random disconnecting number decrease a lot. Why? I do'nt know. I think that there is a random filter with the ICMP traffic.
It you ask if is it normal? The answer, of course it is NO, of course.
Options
its different
2017-02-08 19:52:40

candabi wrote

It's a fact that the random disconnectings are strange, but are a fact. I had never seen a similar efect, and I have not any doubt that are related to some kind of filter inside the switch. For that reason I blamed to the power saving system of the unit. The main thing that makes me crazy is the random behaviour. On the other hand, If DHCP is disabled, the random disconnecting number decrease a lot. Why? I do'nt know. I think that there is a random filter with the ICMP traffic.
It you ask if is it normal? The answer, of course it is NO, of course.
http://bit.ly/2eVqrDq">database sql books . hlw
Options
2017-03-09 18:13:29

Excellent Tips. I think it will be very helpful for me.
Options
2018-07-06 11:28:07
Just bought a TL-SG105. Is this still a problem?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7604

Replies: 11