Cpe210 extend WiFi directly from router disconnections

3 weeks ago

Hello, I have a cpe210 v3.2 and I am trying to extend the wifi signal of a router which is at about 50 meters.

I have set it on bridge mode and I can see the network with 35 db SNR. When I set it up I can connect to the cpe210 wifi (which I have set with my own ssid in the wireless radio option) and I have internet normally. But then when some time passes and I disconnect and reconnect e.g. my phone then I don't have internet until I restart the cpe.

Do you know why these disconnects happen?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cpe210 extend WiFi directly from router disconnections
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@njellinas 

Do you only have one CPE unit to expand your internet? I believe the disconnect is due to wireless interference. We do not recommend using signal CPE units to expand the signal. They typically work in pairs to extend the signal from one location to another. And because the CPE unit has a limited antenna, its coverage is restricted with just a small angle of internet coverage.
This is the typical use of the CPE unit:How to build a Wireless Network between home and farm using tp-link products

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Cpe210 extend WiFi directly from router disconnections
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 yes there is a single antenna and the target wifi is close. I have set the distance option to 0.03. but I guess if there is interference there might be problems. Maybe it would be better to put the antenna farther from the wifi source? So that it is more out of range.

Options