How to recover a EAP320 router with a faulty firmware flash

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-12 07:25:59
Model : EAP320

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : DEATH

ISP : ARNET TELECOM ARGENTINA

Hi, I'm having serious problems with the EAP320. First it is in Disconnected form all the time ... I decided to update the firmware last night ... the worst decision ...
1. When loading the .bin path, c: \ fakepath appears, not the original path.
2. 40 minutes updating ... the light was cut off. Now the appliance is flashing orange all the time.
3. The box says 2 years of warranty ... but the technical service does not respond to 0800-888-7808 from Argentina or reply to the mail (soporte.ar@tp-link.com).
I thought I bought a business solution but I came across a poorly designed device ... will you have any real solutions?
Options
5 Reply
Re:How to recover a EAP320 router with a faulty firmware flash
2017-09-12 10:27:47

asfred wrote

1. When loading the .bin path, c: \ fakepath appears, not the original path.
2. 40 minutes updating ... the light was cut off. Now the appliance is flashing orange all the time.
3. The box says 2 years of warranty ... but the technical service does not respond to 0800-888-7808 from Argentina or reply to the mail (soporte.ar@tp-link.com).

1. Make sure you got the right firmware at this link: http://www.tp-link.com/ar/download/EAP320_V1.html#Firmware And you should download the latest firmware EAP320(EU)_V1_170725 if you got a V1 EAP. And save it to a easy-to find place.

2. Don't forget to extract the file since it's a compressed file. You should get a .bin file. Most importantly, you should connect your PC to the EAP320 via Ethernet cable instead of wifi connection when upgrade.

3. A flashing orange LED means Firmware update is in progress.Do not disconnect or power offthe device. Does EAP320 keep flashing all the time? Are you able to login its web Interface and check the current firmware?

4. Try reset the device back to factory default. With the device powered on, press and hold the RESET button for about 8 seconds until the LED flashes red,then release the button. The device will restore to factory default settings.
Options
Eap320 wasted money
2017-09-12 10:52:32
Thanks for your replay, im not a noob, all my módems AND routers were upgraded by me... I only can say wasted money.

Any real Solution?
Options
2017-09-14 03:53:59
thanks for your reply Rain_TP-Link. I have searched the cable and only find here an RS232 to USB cable. The seller does not take charge of the change for a new one, since the error for firmware update is excluded. The box says " business solution" but it is worse than that of a domestic customer. I am going to try to find some solution in the 0800-888-7808 of Argentina but without any expectation.
Options
2017-09-14 17:05:21

asfred wrote

I have searched the cable and only find here an RS232 to USB cable.

Console cables are available at each professional shop selling business class switches and you even find those on Amazon for 5 Euros/dollars.

The seller does not take charge of the change for a new one, since the error for firmware update is excluded.

Yes, that's common standard in the industry if an upgrade of a firmware otherwise known as working for thousands of devices goes terribly wrong.

Come on, with a console port on the devices it's really easy and a matter of few minutes only to recover the firmware. And yes, I also bricked devices b/c of failures in firmware upgrades (installing the kernel to the boot loader partition by accident or upgrading over WiFi instead of over cable, but luckily this were the only two cases out of more than 2.500 devices I did upgrade firmware in last 10 years and it even was not TP-Link firmware, but OpenWRT and Linksys firmware).

Comparing to the time it takes to complain here, you could have recovered your device already twice.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-09-15 08:47:47

R1D2 wrote

Comparing to the time it takes to complain here, you could have recovered your device already twice.

Well Said
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1377

Replies: 5

Related Articles