outdoor eap110 + wifi amplifier/booster + tplink omni antenna set-up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-15 09:13:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi , I'm planning to build a wifi hotspot in my community/village , just want to ask if this set-up is going to work .
Btw i'm from the philippines , im sorry to my english grammar , i hope some of you might understand.

Here's the product that im planning to buy,

eap110 outdoor
http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-37_EAP110-Outdoor.html

im planning to change the 1 antenna with these TL-ANT2415D
http://www.tp-link.com/lb/products/details/cat-5691_TL-ANT2415D.html

sunhans 20w wifi amplifier/booster

example set-up diagram

If this going to work , what is the max. range of my wifi hotspot ?
Is the tplink antenna compatible to eap110 ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:outdoor eap110 + wifi amplifier/booster + tplink omni antenna set-up?
2017-10-15 16:18:39
With a 20 watts amplifier you are not only violating regulations, but more important you are overdriving the radios of clients nearby, which will not be able to establish a stable wireless link. The suggested range of "5,000 meters" of this amplifier with an omnidirectional antenna is marketing speak, it definitely won't work in real life on such distances, especially not b/c the typical clients (laptops, smartphones etc.) will never ever be able to send a WiFi signal back over 5,000 meters due to the limited range of their built-in antennas.

If you plan an outdoor hotspot, deploy several EAP110-Outdoor every 100-150 meters. They will have a typical coverage of 100 to max. 200 meters under ideal conditions and depending on the WiFi mode (b/g/n). Also keep in mind that a single WiFi device - no matter which brand/model - can only supply a limited number of clients (around 20 to 40 clients depending on their usage pattern and the environment).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1340

Replies: 1

Related Articles