EAP 245 Access Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP 245 Access Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP 245 Access Filtering
EAP 245 Access Filtering
2017-11-07 00:38:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good afternoon, I have several EAP 245's installed at one of our campuses. The main traffic on them is WIFI security cameras. I want to force specific cameras to connect to specific AP's. Can I do this by allowing or denying specific MAC addresses within the AP management?

Also does anyone have any tips for maximizing performance on these AP's for video traffic?
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 245 Access Filtering
2017-11-07 10:10:54

ptm82379 wrote

Good afternoon, I have several EAP 245's installed at one of our campuses. The main traffic on them is WIFI security cameras. I want to force specific cameras to connect to specific AP's. Can I do this by allowing or denying specific MAC addresses within the AP management?

If your camera supports "Lock to AP" functionality, you can specify the BSSID (MAC address) of the EAP there in addition to the ESSID.

If your camera doesn't support this feature, only change to force the cam to connect to a specific EAP is by using different ESSIDs (WiFi names) for all EAPs and setting them in the cameras. Of course, each camera then will connect with only just one EAP meaning there is no load balancing. But you still can use a common ESSID for other client devices by using the Multi-SSID feature of the EAPs.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 1

Related Articles