Cameras disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cameras disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cameras disconnecting
Cameras disconnecting
2017-12-16 06:06:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two EAP245 Access points. One at each end of a large house. I also have a 6 wireless IP cameras. I setup a separate SSID for the cameras (no particular reason why) and they all work.

Mostly.

I'm having problems that one or two cameras lose their connection every day. The only way to reconnect them is to power them off and back on. Given where they are mounted, this is a horrendous solution.

I cannot seem to get a stable environment. I believe I am on the latest firmware (8-28-17).

Any suggestions would be very, very welcome. Without reliable cameras, I'll have to junk these and try something else.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cameras disconnecting
2017-12-26 14:29:31
You could use an application like wifi analyzer to scan the wireless surroundings of the IP camera, make sure the channel is rather clean, the signal strength is strong enough.
Options
Re:Cameras disconnecting
2017-12-26 17:27:28
Are all the IP Cameras on 2.4GHz? Do your other wifi clients also get disconnected?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2