EAP or CAP based solution - recommended designs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 20:42:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I need to deploy a Wi-Fi solution with 8 access-points with download limits using Tokens. What combination of TP-Link products can I use?

1. AC50 with CAP300 - Am I correct in assuming this would work fine. AC50 and all CAP300s connected to a POE switch and Token authentication configured on AC50?

2. EAP running on a PC 24x7 and EAP access-points. Token authentication configured with download limits on EAP Software on PC.

Apart from above two is there any cheaper way of doing this?

Appreciate any suggestions
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP or CAP based solution - recommended designs
2017-12-22 16:54:06
Both plans support download limits, so you could choose one based on the price and your situation.

kutti.patty wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I need to deploy a Wi-Fi solution with 8 access-points with download limits using Tokens. What combination of TP-Link products can I use?

1. AC50 with CAP300 - Am I correct in assuming this would work fine. AC50 and all CAP300s connected to a POE switch and Token authentication configured on AC50?

2. EAP running on a PC 24x7 and EAP access-points. Token authentication configured with download limits on EAP Software on PC.

Options
Re:EAP or CAP based solution - recommended designs
2017-12-28 18:19:02

kutti.patty wrote

Hi,

Hi,

CAP/EAP doesn't support Token authentication but support Voucher(hotspot) with download limits.

How do you want to use Token auth and dowload limit?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1060

Replies: 2

Related Articles