How to specify Terms of Use when configuring Login page in EAC 2.5.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-03 23:02:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi -

I'm setting up a bunch of EAP220 access points via EAC 2.5.4; they're all on the latest firmware. I have a couple of q.s that RTFM hasn't answered...

Q.1: I want to implement no authentication, just a simple Terms of Use page for users to agree to when they join the network. According to the EAC User Guide this is perfectly possible - there are even pictures of the Login page set-up showing a "Terms of Use" field just below the "Title" field where you can specify your terms. However, there's no such field appearing in EAC 2.5.4. Where has the Terms of Use set-up gone? As I said, I want users to agree to terms before using the network but I can't find anywhere to set this up in EAC.

Q.2: Can I set up isolation/separation between 2 SSIDs on the same subnet ( not client separation - I mean preventing users connected to one SSID from communicating with clients on a different SSID, whilst allowing them to communicate with other clients connected to the same SSID), or do I need separate VLANs or subnets to accomplish this?

Q.3 If I add some EAP245s later, can these be managed also by EAC? They're not listed - is there something I'm missing (like a new controller software?)

Many thanks indeed for any help you can give me,
Jigme
Options
8 Reply
2018-01-03 23:06:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :
Options
Re:How to specify Terms of Use when configuring Login page in EAC 2.5.4
2018-01-04 10:47:24
Hi,

Are you referring to the term of use of portal?
The answer is no. Term of use can be specified on EAP Controller v2.4.8 but not with EAP C V2.5.4.

Maybe they will fix this in the next update of EAPC when they read this.
Options
2018-01-04 22:42:17
hmm. ok, thank you. that certainly seems to be a cock-up - it kind of defeats the purpose of a No Authentication login page! here's hoping it gets fixed ASAP. is there a bug report portal somewhere?
Options
2018-01-04 23:57:26
what do you mean?
Options
2018-01-05 04:11:57
oops yes - that's precisely what i mean - thank you! i appear to have lost all the text of my question before hitting Post, but you worked it out from the title alone :) the EAPC User Guide describes how to specify Terms of Use to be displayed when using a No Authentication portal - it even has pictures of the set-up page. but in EAPC 2.5.4 there's no such field... thank you for clarifying that it's missing; this seems to be quite an important omission - without the ability to display terms of use there's not much point in having a No Authentication portal in the first place.
Is there some place to submit bug reports to TP-Link?
Options
2018-01-05 08:59:48
Options
2018-01-05 09:01:50
thank you.
Options
2018-01-06 00:11:34
TP-Link got back to me to say that they will add this functionality back in to the next update but for now, if it's needed, to roll back to EAPC 2.4.8 (the update to 2.5.4 added Facebook login etc., but no critical security updates).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1173

Replies: 8

Related Articles