How to block a user to access Wifi via portal twice?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-16 02:15:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys.

I've configurated my EAP225 to be a wifi hotspot with no auth for now, but the user have to login into page and wait advertisement.
The problem is that when the connection time expires, user can connect again.

Can i block that second connection?
If yes, how?

Thank you.
Options
6 Reply
Re:How to block a user to access Wifi via portal twice?
2018-01-16 08:57:58
Does EAP225 work with the Controller? Which portal did you configure on EAP225?
Options
2018-01-16 18:10:39
What Controller do you mean?
I've configured the standard portal, that comes in tp-link firmware.
The path is: Settings, wireless control, portal.
In settings: "no auth", and then a page can be configured as a portal, with my own logo, collors e buttons position.
As soon as a user connects, him browser opens a link to this page, and he might click on LOGIN to connect with internet for 15 minutes.
When that 15 minutes ends, it unauthorize the connection but if user reconnect in wifi and access login link again, he can use for + 15 minutes (that's what i don't want to happen).

EDIT: Now I realize that after 15 minutes, the GUEST is listed on USERS.. very weird.
Wish u'all can help me
Options
2018-01-16 21:19:52

querichelli wrote

EDIT: Now I realize that after 15 minutes, the GUEST is listed on USERS.. very weird.

"Users" are clients before authentication or users using the free user's policy. "Guests" are clients after authentication even if authentication mode is "No authentication".

As for your question regarding time-outs: this is a recurring limit, mostly useful for one-time voucher authentication. In "No authentication" mode users will be logged out and will see the login page again, but they still can login again. I guess this is by intention, at least other hotspots systems I know of do it the same way. If you need time-restricted one-time logins, you might use vouchers as authentication scheme. Alternatively, you could use "External Portal" authentication and implement any other scheme you need.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-01-16 21:37:00

R1D2 wrote

"Users" are clients before authentication or users using the free user's policy. "Guests" are clients after authentication even if authentication mode is "No authentication".

As for your question regarding time-outs: this is a recurring limit, mostly useful for one-time voucher authentication. In "No authentication" mode users will be logged out and will see the login page again, but they still can login again. I guess this is by intention, at least other hotspots systems I know of do it the same way. If you need time-restricted one-time logins, you might use vouchers as authentication scheme. Alternatively, you could use "External Portal" authentication and implement any other scheme you need.

In this case, should I develop an external portal ?
In vouchers mode, I'll have to give a voucher to a guest, right? That's not the way I need it, cause i'll create a hotspot to outside users. My job is at the side of a square.. this way, we'll have a marketing plan rsrs

Another doubt: If I use facebook authentication, with check-in request, it'll works if user "check-in" again in facebook, just like its working now ?
Options
2018-01-17 00:45:52

querichelli wrote

In this case, should I develop an external portal ?

It's one alternative if you need any special authentication scheme.

Another doubt: If I use facebook authentication, with check-in request, it'll works if user "check-in" again in facebook, just like its working now ?

Didn't try this, I don't need nor use FaCIAbook. :)
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-01-17 00:58:23
I'll try facebook.. otherwise, 'll develop some portal with my own rules.

Thank you :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 927

Replies: 6