Adopt timeout

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adopt timeout

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adopt timeout
Adopt timeout
2018-01-18 02:30:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using a cloud based instance of the controller using the instructions here: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1248.html

Running the discovery program locally and pointing the APs to the remote controller works fine, and they appear on the list as pending. Yet when I click adopt the system seems unable to find the AP to adopt it. I have opened up ports on the server's firewall. Do I need to do anything on the network that the APs are on (this of course has NAT between the LAN and the Internet)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Adopt timeout
2018-01-18 10:35:05

maddoxtech wrote

Do I need to do anything on the network that the APs are on (this of course has NAT between the LAN and the Internet)

No. Adopting works over NAT, too.

Make sure you specify the correct username/password of the EAPs manually in the Controller if you changed them through the web UI, otherwise it will try to use the standard default username/password.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 1

Related Articles