Different Network Segments

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-31 22:45:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, as the title suggests. We have several locations that are connected to a vpn.

Can someone tell me how to configure the AC500 that the APs in the various address ranges are recognized by the AC500?

I do not want that the traffic is transferred from the outside locations via the vpn to the AC500. The traffics should be distributed by the location's own router.

I hope that's possible at all, that's what they told me at the technical support before I bought it.

Best regards
Options
2 Reply
Re:Different Network Segments
2018-02-02 20:35:52

KarlMarx wrote

Can someone tell me how to configure the AC500 that the APs in the various address ranges are recognized by the AC500?

They are recognized if the AC500 is in the same subnet as all CAPs independent of their physical locations. Just ensure that the controller is inside the VPN subnet.

I do not want that the traffic is transferred from the outside locations via the vpn to the AC500. The traffics should be distributed by the location's own router.

Regular traffic is always distributed to the Internet directly by the location's own router. The CAPs and AC500 only exchange management traffic (and portal redirects if you use a portal).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Different Network Segments
2018-02-07 17:32:58

R1D2 wrote

They are recognized if the AC500 is in the same subnet as all CAPs independent of their physical locations. Just ensure that the controller is inside the VPN subnet.

Regular traffic is always distributed to the Internet directly by the location's own router. The CAPs and AC500 only exchange management traffic (and portal redirects if you use a portal).

Thank for your help!
Options