no internet access with iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-09 16:33:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi there
set up an EAP225
Wireless 2.4/5
all is ok

all my laptopds are connected on the wifi, internet ok

all my android smartphones, same thing, no problem

iPhone: connect but no internet access...

Where is the issue????

thks for your time
Options
4 Reply
Re:no internet access with iphone
2018-02-24 17:33:19
Hi,

Does these iphones have same problem when connect to other APs or routers?
What's the firmware version of EAP225? What's the models and OS of iphone?
Options
Re:Re:no internet access with iphone
2018-08-23 05:24:34

Yeah, I've been having issues with maintaining speed on my EAP245 and with iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus.

I recently reset everything, and at first I got good speeds....~350Mbps down/~400Mbps up. (I can get wired speeds of around 940Mbps down and up...maybe a hair higher on the up, but once I resume cloud backups, I'm sure that'll change.)

But, it'll feel like its slowing down during the day, and when I wake in the morning, can't connect to anything or it'll feel like I'm doing dialup again...actually worse.

Though download is more impacted than upload.  I had a test result of 0.09Mbps down / 81.5Mbps up.  A couple later cases of 21.3 / 361 or 69.1 / 324.... hmmm, I actually have a 0.00 / 37.1 result.

Got so frustrated, that I dug out my Airport Extreme.... 440 Mbps down / 513 Mbps up.  Problem is that I have 3 vlans (4 if you count management vlan so that I can use Omada app on my iPhone.)

Got the latest firmware on it...hmmm, there's a V3 version now?  (wonder what happened to V2)

Hmm, the V3 sounds like a big step up....it has 2 gigabit ports, MuMimo, band steering, airtime fairness....  Also it draws 12.3W (vs, IIRC, 12.5W), so its a 802.3af POE rather than 802.3at POE of the V1. (and it comes with a passive POE injector....rather than the wall wart, which was a few inches short...so I had to get an injector.)

If I can get this speed problem resolved, I'd probably just live with it (versus wishing I got the V3).  Since, I did get it cheap on Amazon Prime Day.

The Dreamer.

Options
Re:Re:no internet access with iphone
2020-06-29 08:49:49
I have exactly the same issue. When connecting with my iPhone 7 or iPhone 11 I experience extreme loss of speed. After the first setup the speed was well, both on 2,4 and 5Ghz. But minutes after it, the speed drops dramatically. Did a complete reset of my EAP225 AP's and Omada cloud controller. In the beginning the speed seems good, but again the speed drops after some time. Also did a reset of my iPhone network settings to factory default. That works for a couple of minutes after which the speed drops again. Unable to pinpoint what the exact issue is. Didn't experience any of this with previous routers. I reall hope TP-Link can solve this issue, it is really bothering.
Options
Re:no internet access with iphone
2021-04-29 21:01:26

Still after updating all 3 AP's I have the same issue, my iPhone (XR) loses internet connection, the Wifi connection stays fine.

There's no problem with my laptop and iPad

BR

Marcel

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1526

Replies: 4

Related Articles