EAP Controller Start Failed, Ubuntu

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-15 01:11:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have EAP controller installed on my desktop, no problem. But if I want to use the portal, it points people to my desktop to login, which is not helpful.

We have an Ubuntu box with XAMPP (don't ask) installed on it.

I have installed EAP Controller to the Ubuntu machine. It installed fine. But when starting, I get a "Start Failed" message.

When I look at the startup log, I notice on the last line "--nohttpinterface"

Is this because XAMMP is installed? (It is only listening port 80 and 8080). If so, is there a workaround?

Thanks kindly
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP Controller Start Failed, Ubuntu
2018-02-16 18:52:50

k2@bpos.ca wrote

I have EAP controller installed on my desktop, no problem. But if I want to use the portal, it points people to my desktop to login, which is not helpful.

To which portal should the EAP Controller direct users if not to a system running the portal? If you have a customized portal, use the external portal function of EAPC to redirect users to this portal. If you don't have a portal at all, you can't use portal logins.

I have installed EAP Controller to the Ubuntu machine. It installed fine. But when starting, I get a "Start Failed" message.

Make sure to run only one EAPC at a time in the same network.

Is this because XAMMP is installed? (It is only listening port 80 and 8080).

No, the EAPC uses ports 8088 and 8043 for web-based services.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-02-17 00:41:52

R1D2 wrote

To which portal should the EAP Controller direct users if not to a system running the portal? If you have a customized portal, use the external portal function of EAPC to redirect users to this portal. If you don't have a portal at all, you can't use portal logins.

This is the reason I am trying to set this up on our Linux box.

Make sure to run only one EAPC at a time in the same network.

While I was not running the one on my Desktop (I right clicked and selected EXIT), apparently the services does not actually stop? I uninstalled the software from the desktop and the linux box started no problem.

No, the EAPC uses ports 8088 and 8043 for web-based services.

Thank you for the clarification.

I am now running on the Linux box by UNINSTALLING the software off of the PC. Thank you for your assistance and pointing me in the right direction. :)
Options
2018-02-17 22:08:00

k2@bpos.ca wrote

This is the reason I am trying to set this up on our Linux box.

Good decision. :)

While I was not running the one on my Desktop (I right clicked and selected EXIT), apparently the services does not actually stop? I uninstalled the software from the desktop and the linux box started no problem.

Probably you just stopped the web UI (Internet Exploder or what it is called on Windows those times), but did not shut down the EAP Controller service running in the background.

I am now running on the Linux box by UNINSTALLING the software off of the PC. Thank you for your assistance and pointing me in the right direction. :)

You're welcome. Do you use the EAPC inside your private network or are you running it over the Internet?
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-02-22 06:33:20

R1D2 wrote

Probably you just stopped the web UI (Internet Exploder or what it is called on Windows those times), but did not shut down the EAP Controller service running in the background.

Maybe. Like I said, I right clicked the icon in the system tray and selected exit assuming that would exit the program.

You're welcome. Do you use the EAPC inside your private network or are you running it over the Internet?

I am using it inside our private network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1010

Replies: 4

Related Articles