EAP110 dropouts/disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-18 23:37:44
Model : EAP110

Hardware Version : v.2

Firmware Version : 1.2.0 Build 20170915 Rel. 35854

ISP : N/A

Hi all,

I have recently purchased 4 EAP110 Access Points and set them up in a two-story house. Everything works fine, BUT, occasionally I get dropouts, i.e. my wireless clients seem to get disconnected momentarily and then reconnect. By occasionally I mean from 5-10 times in the same day, to a couple of times a week. I can notice this very easily, because my home automation system gets quite upset when this happens, with several wifi nodes around the house beeping as they reconnect. It's not obvious to the rest of my wifi clients, such as laptops and smartphones, as they can live with small glitches like this, with the exception of Airplay, which I think is giving me headaches because of the same reason.

Nothing comes up in EAP logs and everything seems to work fine. One important bit of information is that it's not global, today it might be clients connected to EAP110 #1, tomorrow it might be EAP110 #2 or another one. So it's not that the whole thing goes down, it's individual nodes.

Can anyone provide any useful hints as to how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP110 dropouts/disconnections
2018-02-24 11:36:33
Hi,

EAP110 is a 2.4G radio product, it may be susceptible to wireless disturbance, so I suggest you do wireless iptimization for EAP110.
1. If EAP110 is close(less than 15m), you need to lower the TX power of them to reduce the disturbance.
2. Try to scan the wireless envioment for your place by tools, such as wifi analyzer (Android), inSSIDer. And choose clear channel for EAP110. If possible, you should set different channel with 1/6/11 for each EAP110, it will reduce the adjacent channel interference.
3. Try to set the channel width of EAP110 to 20MHz, it will reduce the disturbance, too.

Best wish!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1182

Replies: 1

Related Articles