TL-ER6120. Web Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-ER6120. Web Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-ER6120. Web Filtering
TL-ER6120. Web Filtering
2018-02-26 04:17:43 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:58:31
Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : v2

Firmware Version : 2.0.1 Build 20170609 Rel.58445

ISP :

I am testing the web filtering function and it is not working very well.

What I want is for certain users to see only a series of websites and the rest that do not have access. It is a case similar to the example indicated in the manual

The problem comes with the websites that do have to have access, because it gives me access to media. That is to say, I suppose that if the web that is inside the "whitelist" has images or whatever it is and it is not inside the same web, it fails and it is not shown.

I say this because those pages that are inside the whitelist and that should load take a long time to do it and when they do they are half shown: missing photos, the typeface of the web is not correct, etc.

The rest of the websites that should not be loaded generally work well and does not show them, but there are others, such as YouTube, which uploads and shows the content, although it is true that no video is played. So it works relatively well.

I am afraid that it has no solution, but to ask, because in the end it is a function that has the apparatus quite useless. I suppose one solution would be to add all those links that are not displayed correctly to the "whitelist", but of course, if that is the problem, the maintenance of all this is unfeasible, because every time there is a small change in the web, there will already be problems.

I do not think it's any of the configuration I've set. It is an example very similar to the one that comes in the manual and it really is not a complex process, it is quite simple.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-ER6120. Web Filtering
2018-02-26 14:58:48 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:58:31
Hi there, guess you're configuring web group filtering. Referring to tplink configuration guide, you succeeded to configure web group filtering to limit some IP only could access to some specific websites and couldn't access others. According to you it seems that it has nothing to do with the web filtering feature. why not do a comparison when uncheck "Enable Wen Filtering"?
Options
2018-02-28 07:37:52 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:58:31
Sorry, I do not understand very well what you say (my English is poor).

What I wanted to say is that if I enable web filtering (I indicate which webs I can enter and I make another rule to deny the rest of the webs, as explained in the manual), I get to those websites that I have given permission, but these webs do not they are displayed the same as when web filtering is not enabled. There are photos that can not be seen, the letter is not the same, parts of the web that do not appear, etc.

What I want is that those websites that I want to give access have unlimited access and no viewing problems, as they are when I turn off web filtering.

Thank you
Options
2018-03-15 16:37:50 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:58:31

Tocolosco wrote

Sorry, I do not understand very well what you say (my English is poor).

What I wanted to say is that if I enable web filtering (I indicate which webs I can enter and I make another rule to deny the rest of the webs, as explained in the manual), I get to those websites that I have given permission, but these webs do not they are displayed the same as when web filtering is not enabled. There are photos that can not be seen, the letter is not the same, parts of the web that do not appear, etc.

What I want is that those websites that I want to give access have unlimited access and no viewing problems, as they are when I turn off web filtering.

Thank you

I think what you mentioned sounds like not a web filtering issue. It sounds to me a cache or a Internet speed issue.
1. Try to clear the cache of your router and reopen;
2. what's your bandwidth? When you disable web filtering, could you open these website normally?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 911

Replies: 3

Related Articles