Advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advice
Advice
2018-03-12 16:34:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi There

I just have a couple questions adned az bit of help as I am looking at what products are needed in order for us to fix our WIFI setup at our hotel and increase scalability.

From what I can see the EAP330 will do what we need in each area, we will need 5 of these to cover all areas necessary for the indoor setup. First question here is what routers / switches are recommended for this product to function at optimum levels, currently our work network only has 15 computers connected but can have up to 100 guests when conferencing etc with poe cables run throughout the building so this is where we have the issues. We currently have an archer mr 200 running lte internet, would this need to be upgraded at all ?

Will this setup work fine with Apple products as this is an issue we have had before and will we be able to run the work and conference network for example separately.

Next question, we have an outdoor area which spans around 300 metres outside the building, what would be the best for this outdoor setup in terms of access point etc ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice
2018-03-14 03:47:36

brandon.castleman wrote

First question here is what routers / switches are recommended for this product to function at optimum levels, currently our work network only has 15 computers connected but can have up to 100 guests when conferencing etc with poe cables run throughout the building so this is where we have the issues. We currently have an archer mr 200 running lte internet, would this need to be upgraded at all ?

For 5x EAP330 any PoE+ switch with a total PoE+ budget of at least ~ 84 watts will do (note the '+', it is PoE IEEE 802.3at). For example, a TL-SG1008PE (not P, but PE!) or the newer model T1500G-10MPS both would fit as switches. As for the Archer with LTE Internet connection I can't say something, b/c I don't use LTE. But if you want to feed up to 100 guests simultaneously, you should have a 100 to 200 Mbps Internet connection (strongly depends on surf behavior, but you got the idea).

Will this setup work fine with Apple products as this is an issue we have had before and will we be able to run the work and conference network for example separately.

Why not? I only use MacBooks and other UNIX-based systems such as Linux without any problems on EAPs.

Next question, we have an outdoor area which spans around 300 metres outside the building, what would be the best for this outdoor setup in terms of access point etc ?

EAP110-Outdoor or - if available in your country already - EAP225-Outdoor. Note that EAP110-Outdoor needs 24V passive PoE, but an adapter is included. The EAP225-Outdoor can work with 24V PoE or standard 802.3af PoE, so they could connect to the same switch as the EAP330. Make sure you properly ground the outdoor devices.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Related Articles