2x EAP245 centrally managed 2.4Ghz SSIDs not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-15 18:27:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've got 2 EAP245 Firmware Version 1.3.0 Build 20180208 Rel. 33722.

I set up 3 SSIDs on both 2.4 & 5Ghz.

SSID 1: portal, no Wifi security, Simple password at landing page, client isolation.

SSID 2: with client isolation.

SSID 3: no isolation

With just one EAP245 connected, all works fine.

Since adding second EAP245, Android devices are no longer seeing either the SSID Portal or able to connect to 2.4Ghz.

Android clients connect for about 1 second, then disconnect. Then the SSID disappears from the list of available networks, and exists only in the Saved Networks section. If tap it I get only "Forget" & "Cancel".

To try to work out what was going on in several Android devices I enabled Developer options and set "Enable Wi-Fi verbose logging".

If I go through the same cycle, it connects for a second, then goes to saved and shows this underneath the SSID

"NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED+ASSOCIATION REJECTION=1"

Can somebody advise me what's going on, and how to fix it?
Options
2 Reply
Re:2x EAP245 centrally managed 2.4Ghz SSIDs not working
2018-03-22 10:43:05
As most of the Wi-Fi devices are using this band 2.4G, disconnection from Wi-Fi network might have something to do with the potential interference nearby. Please try:

1. Use a Wi-Fi spectrum analysis tool/app such as Wi-Fi Analyzer to survey the wireless environment and select a relatively clean or decongested channel.
2. If wireless interference is severe, adjust the Wi-Fi channel width to 20MHz to further reduce interference.
3. Please decrease the Tx Power if two EAP are close to each other.
Options
Re:2x EAP245 centrally managed 2.4Ghz SSIDs not working
2018-03-24 00:49:44

Carat1 wrote

As most of the Wi-Fi devices are using this band 2.4G, disconnection from Wi-Fi network might have something to do with the potential interference nearby. :

Yes but isn't each EAP and the central Omada software supposed to automatically detect any congestion and automatically pick the best channels? And since most routers also do the same, even if I set the channels once, the congestion could appear again, but if I override 'auto'then I either I have to keep logging in to both EAPs several times per day to pick a different channel each time?

2. If wireless interference is severe, adjust the Wi-Fi channel width to 20MHz to further reduce interference.
3. Please decrease the Tx Power if two EAP are close to each other.

You'll see here the channels aren't congested

This is 5ghz the 2 blue are the 2 SSIDs from the nearest EAP which is set to channel 48. The 2 others are the further EAP set to channel 36.

& this is the 2.4Ghz. Same story red t..(channel 12) is the nearest, pink t.. is the furthest (channel 6). The yellow in the middle is the router, which is the only stable connection. No other/foreign congestion.

I conclude that congestion is therefore not the issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1597

Replies: 2