CAP1750 5Gz speed limited to 54Mbps, issues with 2 non-centrally managed devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CAP1750 5Gz speed limited to 54Mbps, issues with 2 non-centrally managed devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-22 19:05:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have two CAP1750's. When setting up the second CAP, I deployed a backup config from my first device (changing the IP later). I have seen the 433mbps speeds on my phones for a while, but not anymore. Recently, I noticed I'm not seeing speeds above 72Mbit, often slower. I use the same SSID, password and have band steering enabled (with defaults). SSIS isolation is off and channel/channel bandwith are both auto. My BSSID's are all the same (issue here?) Both devices have the most-recent firmware. I do have around 30 devices in my home, but all heavy use devices (video) are hardwired to the central switch. I'm using a managed 16-Port TP-Link PoE switch which is supplying power to both. No Tx or Rx errors appear on the switch page. I do have a lot of chromecast devices and frequently multicast to about 6 chromecast audios.

When I scan using wifi analyzer on my phone, or acrylic wifi, I see 54MBit as the 5ghz speed. But also, I only see ONE AP MAC address for the 5GHz even though 5Ghz is enabled and on different channels. SO, when scanning, I see both 2.4GHz mac addresses and one 5Ghz MAC address only. I also see clients listed in both. Sometimes they appear to be the same list on both devices, but that could be a browser issue.

Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:CAP1750 5Gz speed limited to 54Mbps, issues with 2 non-centrally managed devices
2018-03-26 21:09:11
Can anyone help? I've tinkered with the settings, power supply vs PoE, band steering, using a single AP... what is causing me to only see 54Mbps on the 5GHz band instead of 433 like I used to?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 1