Two Structures 50 Meters apart using CPE210 (AP) + CPE210 (Client) What can I use in 2nd house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two Structures 50 Meters apart using CPE210 (AP) + CPE210 (Client) What can I use in 2nd house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-23 01:42:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am a novice under the gun. We have a farm house and a newly built guest house about 50 meters apart. I am tasked with extending our wireless Internet connection to include both structures using the same (a single) Internet account. I basically need to extend the wireless network so that I can get our Internet account connected to the smart television inside the guest house. I would like to be able to use common wireless devices in both houses using the same Internet account.

The main house has:

ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
ARRIS SURFboard SBR-AC1750 2nd Generation WiFi Router

50 meters directly across is the guest house I have purchased:

2 X CPE210

It my understanding that I will configure the first CPE210 attached outside of the main house as an AP and configure the second CPE210 attached outside of the guest house as the client. They are 50 meters apart on level ground at the same height and aimed directly at each other aligned by flashlight.

I already have the existing wireless network inside the main house working well with a strong signal through out. What I do not know how to do is to provide wireless device access such as a smart television using Roku inside the guest house. What do I connect to the second CPE210 in order to provide what I think is local wireless connection inside the second house? Is it a router I attach by cable from the 210 inside the guest house? Or do I use an indoor EAP110? Or other device?

I really would appreciate some help! Thank you so much!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Two Structures 50 Meters apart using CPE210 (AP) + CPE210 (Client) What can I use in 2nd house?
2021-11-18 03:53:33
Buy this TPLink TL-WA855RE plug LAN to CPE210(client)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 1