CPE210 as AP and CPE210 as Client -- how do wireless devices connect to client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-23 05:02:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am a novice. I tried to post this question earlier but I can't see any record of it therefore I am trying for the second time.

Main House location 1:

ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
ARRIS SURFboard SBR-AC1750 2nd Generation WiFi Router
CPE210 configured as AP

50 meters between the houses

Guest House location 2:

CPE210 configured as Client

Problem:

We want to extend the our wireless Internet network so that it includes both interior locations of both homes. We have one Internet account and we want to be able to use the same Internet connection (our one single account) in both house.

However, I do not understand how to set up the CPE210 client located outside of the guest house so that we can connect wireless devices (such as laptops, tablets and a smart LED TV with Roku) inside of the guest house (location 2)?

The Internet Comcast cable is connected to the ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 cable modem and ARRIS SURFboard SBR-AC1750 2nd Generation WiFi Router which provides wireless Internet connectivity to typical wireless devices in the main house (location 1).

The first CPE210 is configured as an AP and it is attached outside of the main house (location 1) and it is attached by POE cable to the router. The second CPE210 is configured as the client and attached directly inline and insight 50 meters away to the outside of the guest house (location 2).

Being a novice to this kind of networking I have not been able to determine how the CPE210 is provisioned so that wireless devices inside of the guest house can connect to the wireless Internet connection (and same single account) we are extending from the main house (location1). I am unsure of the appropriate terminology I should use to describe how wireless connectivity is set up and connected to the CPE210 client. I think it could maybe called local wireless connectivity attached from the CPE210 client? Should an Indoor EAP110 (2.4Ghz) be used to provide this via cable from the CPE210 Client? Or some other setup or hardware I should purchase?

Essentially, I just need the wireless network to be extended from the main house so that wireless devices such as a smart tv in the guest house be connected wirelessly to the same internet account. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to learn this information but it became so confusing. Thanks so much!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 0