Omada Controller Software migration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-23 09:17:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I installed the controller software on my laptop, to test managing the access points I have (EAP225 v3) and now I want to install the controller software on one of my server's instead.

I thought it would just be a case of exporting the config from my laptop controller software and importing it into the new instance, but when I fire up the controller on the server (after quitting my laptop instance), it simply wants to start from scratch.

There is an option to skip, but it just takes me to the same configure SSID page.

Surely I must be able to migrate to a different server without re-configuring all the access points?

Thanks

Neil
Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Software migration
2018-03-26 10:17:18
Hi,

You can save the whole 'data folder' at C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\data ( the installation of Omada Controller) of old Controller, install a new Controller at your server and replace the 'data folder', then the configuration of Omada Controller will be same as the older one.

If EAP and Omada Controller are locating in same subnet, Omada Controller will adopt EAP automatically. If EAP and Omada Controller are locating in different subnet, you can set the IP address of your new PC as the same as the old one, or you need to adopt EAP again.
Options
Re:Re:Omada Controller Software migration
2019-02-01 17:06:18

Hey, 7eleven

Would it be posible to perform the same kind of migration from a windows install to a Linux install ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6739

Replies: 2

Related Articles