No omada management of all APs after Firmware upgrade EAP-245, no adopt of all AP possible now.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No omada management of all APs after Firmware upgrade EAP-245, no adopt of all AP possible now.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-27 12:26:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

Month ago i startet to create a WiFi network in a house with 13 tenats, the area arount etc.

I startet with a EAP-110, then another one and then a EAP-245.

All works good. Two days ago, i made a firmware update on the EAP-245, after this, nothing, realy NOTHING works again.

The omada software Shows me at ALL APs "disconnected"

Fist i made a backup of my running Omada software. The i cliced on "forget all..." and uninstalled the Omada software, downloaded th newest Version 2.6.0 and cleaned up my Computer, then i restartet the Computer.

At first i tried to move the managament console to another PC, so i installed the omada Software on the new PC. No chance to find a AP. No pending device, nothing. I made a Hardware reset on two APs, a EAP-110 and the EAP-245.
Nothing, no pending, no chance.

I searched in the Internet for a solution, tried many ways, nothing. The APs are everytime reachable over there IP Adress, they are all reachable via WiFi, but never in the omda Software.

I tried the old PC again, i reinstalled the Omada Software an tried pendig again. Two of three APs starts pending, after i logged in manualy first and set a new user and password. The omada Software Shows me at one AP "Cnfiguring" the second "pending". After some minutes the software shows "Disconected" and thats it. No chance to manage the APs over Omada.

The APs have a fixed IP over DHCP reservation, they are ever with this IPs reachable, thats not the problem, ever the same network, no VLANs, same Gateway, same subnet. All works bevor upgrading EAP-245 fine, now nothing.
Firmwareupgrade not made over WiFi, fixed LAN, nothing else has changed, only the EAP-245 Firmware. Uninstal, install, and so on.....nothing works.

Please forgives me my bad english, but there was no way to find a solution in german.

Greetings,

Peter
Options
4 Reply
Re:No omada management of all APs after Firmware upgrade EAP-245, no adopt of all AP possible now.
2018-03-28 00:05:47
Hello!

Today i tried it again restting two of the APs, one EAP110 and the EAP245. I tired another browser, Mozilla Firefox. All three APs are found under "Pending" I clicked on "Pending", all three would connwcted.....One EAP110 was after a view seconds lost. The other EAP110 shows "Configuring", the EAP245 shows "provisioning"
After 5 miutes both APs shows "disconected", the second EAP110 is totaly lost. All APs are over their IP reachable an configurable. They works normaly, but they are all not managable with Omada......

I have no idea, what i can do....

Greetings Peter
Options
Re:No omada management of all APs after Firmware upgrade EAP-245, no adopt of all AP possible now.
2020-02-04 09:00:27

@PeterH Did you ever find a solution for this? I am experiencing something similar to this.

See my post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/191654

Thanks,
Stephen

Options
2020-08-13 08:13:40

@PeterH  Did you ever get this resolved. have the same issue with the new omada controller V4.1.5 . after upgrading the controller and obviously the firmwares of the EAPs everything worked fine initially. when i started the controller after 2 days, the EAPS are all in disconnected state. and nothing can be done to fix it.

Regards,

Philip

Options
2020-08-13 08:30:15

PhilipH wrote

when i started the controller after 2 days, the EAPS are all in disconnected state.

When stopping the controller (it was stopped for 2 days, right?), EAPs go into Disconnect state. This is expected beahvior. The EAPs will reconnect after while when the controller is on-line again, provided you didn't change anything in the setup in the meantime.

BTW: it's best to open a new thread for new issues with a new controller. This thread is now more than two years old.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1319

Replies: 4