How to configure TL-R470T

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-03 08:34:57 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:33:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HelloI just purchased a TL-R470T + Model Load Balancing Router, and would like to join two different internet links.That's where the problem starts. One of my links (ADSL 4Mb) operates normally on one Wlan, but the other link (Fiber 15Mb) operates differently. The Internet signal comes from a router itself provided by the internet company and this uses a c onnection with Access Point, leaving a Lan to the Lan of my router . How to configure the TL-R470T + so that it receives the internet of Link 1 by Wlan and the one of Link 2 by Lan , joining them?
File:
netowrk.compressed.pdfDownload
netowrk.compressed-1.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to configure TL-R470T
2018-05-07 15:30:21 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:33:21
Hi dud, R470T+ is wired router. I think you just want a AP client, TL-R470T+ doesn't have such function.
Options
Re:How to configure TL-R470T
2020-02-02 02:16:42 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:33:21

@leonardovsanto 

This is a reply to an old post, but maybe it will help someone else...

I think perhaps your assumption for how to connect your two ISPs to your TL-R470T Load Balancer may not be correct. I believe you should be connecting both ISP gateways directly to WAN ports of your Load Balancer. I know that connecting them to the LAN ports may seem to work, but this only acts as a switch, you don't get the bandwidth control that you desire when you dont connect them to WAN ports. 

The problem that I've been running into is that there is not a lot of information for how to configure these WAN ports with different gateways provided by various ISPs. With some effort, I have been able to connect a CenturyLink DSL gateway to one of these WAN ports by configuring it to the PPPoE settings used by CenturyLink (using the CenturyLink username and password and communicating with CenturyLink agents for some of the other settings. The other secret in getting it to work was that I needed to put the CenturyLink gateway into "Transparent Bridge" mode, wich unfortunately diisables it's WiFi ability, but as I understant it, it turns the gateway into a simple modem.  Amazingly that seemed to work.

Unfortunately, now I am facing the same problem of having to determine the necessary connection settings for my second ISP, Viasat... They seem to have even less information about this available. This seems to be the drawback of using load balancers these days, they are not really plug-and-play, it requires real work to set them up. Perhaps the above comment will help put some people on the right track though...

Damian

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1939

Replies: 2

Related Articles