New Voucher Code needed if disconnecting from the WLAN???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-25 00:00:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.

Is this correct, that a voucher code (e.g. valid for 8h) is no longer valid, if the client has disconnected and wants to reconnect few minutes later?
Sometimes hardware turns off or my friends lost connection to the EAP330 (thick walls, too far away, ...). In this case a new connection needs a new voucher code.

What, if i want to give a one-week-voucher to guests/friends which stay few days and they plan sightseeing-tours outside? A one-week-voucher would be without any sense....

Are there some other settings in the controller software, that in this case the full time from the voucher is possible without new authentication?

maddinla
Options
3 Reply
Re:New Voucher Code needed if disconnecting from the WLAN???
2018-04-25 07:36:40
The voucher should be valid for the time-span defined for it, which starts with first use of the voucher's code.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-04-25 21:23:29

R1D2 wrote

The voucher should be valid for the time-span defined for it, which starts with first use of the voucher's code.

And how is this time-span defined???
...obviously from the first log-in to the moment, when a smartphone/tablet/... loses connection. Or in other words: a hardware has always stay connected to the AP to use the full time-span.
Or am i wrong?

But this won't make sense for friends/family if they stay a few days. They won't be able to get outside in the garden with their smartphones for a few minutes (there is no WLAN). In this case they need another voucher to log-in again...

I think, that i have to upgrade my system with hardware components to manage VLAN/Multi SSID (home, guest, ...).

maddinla
Options
2018-04-30 16:30:18

maddinla wrote

And how is this time-span defined???
...obviously from the first log-in to the moment, when a smartphone/tablet/... loses connection. Or in other words: a hardware has always stay connected to the AP to use the full time-span.
Or am i wrong?

Hi again.

Before upgrading my hardware:

Does anyone here in this forum use this voucher-system and can tell me, if i am wrong or if my thoughts are right (as shown above)???
How do you use this for guests, if they stay longer??? Every time they left/disconnect from your WLAN: will they need a new voucher?

maddinla
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 3