TP-Link TL-R470T+ route skype calls in WAN1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-16 14:49:51 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:46:29
Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought a TP-Link TL-R470T+. I have 2 WANs, a fiber and a broadband connection. My broadband is slow during afternoon for some unknown reason. I have unchecked " Enable Application Optimized Routing" to double my speed. My problem is that my skype call suffers and most of the time (especially during afternoon) I couldnt see the face and screen of the person Im talking too because its too pixelated, a sign of slow connection, a sign of my skpe using my broadband connection. It seems to be using WAN2 or maybe a mix of them.

My question is, is there a way to tell my TPLink router to always use WAN1(FIBER INTERNET CONNECTION)? Better yet, prioritize WAN1, if WAN1 is has no internet connection then use WAN2.

If this is not possible maybe I could tell my router to use WAN1 during a specific time period.

I tried adding a service type but I am not sure if this works. I think skype uses TCP and 80 or 443 port. I am not sure what to put in Source and Destination port. I just guessed and used 80 and 443 to all of them.

Then I added policy routing

P.S.
I have very basic knowledge in networking.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-R470T+ route skype calls in WAN1
2018-05-25 14:42:24 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:46:29
>>>prioritize WAN1, if WAN1 is has no internet connection then use WAN2.You could configure link backup feature. WAN1 as primary WAN and WAN2 as backup WAN. WAN1 is always up and WAN2 is down. Only when WAN1 is down, WAN2 is up. https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2133.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1

Related Articles