Connecting Access Point to Same SSID & PW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-21 04:42:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello friends, First time here as could use help if this is the right place for this post; if not, sorry about that. Here is my problem. I have a small tri-level home with AT&T Uverse router. I installed 4 wireless cameras and they are placed within 40 feet from the router. Every now and then 3 of the 4 cameras get disconnected. Says the signal is not strong enough to connect. So I purchased a range extender but that did not help the problem as I could not figure out how to get the cameras on that WiFi channel. So I just purchased a TP-Link EAP225 AC1350 Access Point. When installing this with the software, I may have set it up wrong as I just wanted it to read the same SSID (ATT2Y4fg4) and password as my router. When i connected it, my WiFi read the IP address (192.68.1.254). I thought it was going to pick up my router information, not create it's own IP. I know, you all are thinking, what a newbie, and you would be right, sorry about that. I am not sure what I need to boost the signals to my cameras but this is not working either. Mind you, my home is small and not that old and it only has drywall for walls. I place the receiver that came with my Akaso cameras closer to the cameras, but still nothing. I can't get more than 2 bars on the WiFi meter and the range of these cameras was suppose to be 100 feet, mine are less than 50. Any support would be appreciated as this is annoy as heck. Best regards, Jeff
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting Access Point to Same SSID & PW
2018-05-23 19:04:38
Any support on this?
Options
Re:Connecting Access Point to Same SSID & PW
2018-05-25 17:32:00
Hi,What you can try is to configure the EAP225, with the same ssid and password of your main At&t router. The most important thing is the put the 2.4 ghz channel correct, so you have not-overlapping channels.Check this wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels .For example on the 2.4 ghz band:AT&t: Channel 1, EAP225: channel 6.Always use a "gap" of 6 channels.Try this out and let me know.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4766

Replies: 2

Related Articles