Hostnames in Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hostnames in Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hostnames in Omada
Hostnames in Omada
2018-06-09 23:46:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have tried to post this previously, but it didn't show up. Sorry if if the original one shows up, and there are two. I am not trying to SPAM the forum.

New to Omada, and so far like what I see. Interface is too simple, and feel like I missing options or those features just aren't available (Omada software is pretty cheap and all). I am not calling out specific features, just that I am used to playing with Cisco, and Omada just makes me feel like something is missing, but can't put my finger on it. In the end, I am not complaining. So far I really only have one complaint, and that is making it hard for me to identify devices on the network.

I assume the Device names in Omada are pulled from DNS, but many devices in Omada only show MAC addresses as the hostname. The nature of those devices don't make it easy to manually update DNS names directly on them and just show their MAC and as such. I have already manually updated them in DNS manually. My server/rest of my network are able to connect to them by their hostname just fine (I manually put in the DNS server), but Omada still sees them by the MAC.

How does Omada get the hostname information?
Can I fix this?
Other devices/Apps I have used, if it had trouble pulling from DNS, I could manually tell that app what I wanted that MAC DNS name to be. I don't mind updating each device manually in Omada as I should only have to do this once.

So far so good. Other than the above, DNS issue, I have no real complaints so far.

I am looking for any help/suggestions.

Thanks,
BlueDust
Options
1 Reply
Re:Hostnames in Omada
2018-06-11 06:53:51
First post always needs to be approved by a moderator. Your question is answered at: https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?108813-DNS-Device-names-in-Omada
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1506

Replies: 1

Related Articles