EAP Controller on Linux not starting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-10 04:39:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I setup a new maching running Ubuntu 18.04 and installed the EAP Linux Controller just as I did before on my testings. After the installation it started up and I was able to access the web frontend of the controller.

Now, after a reboot of the machine and several other software installations, the controller won't start anymore. This is was I get:

[CODE] root@hhslserver : ~ # tpeap start Starting EAP Controller ...../usr/bin/tpeap: line 79: 1310 Killed nohup $JAVA_TOOL -server -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=60 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=30 -XX:+UseSerialGC -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Deap.home="${eapHome}" -cp ${eapHome}"/lib/com.tp-link.eap.start-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:"${eapHome}"/lib/*" com.tp_link.eap.start.EapMain start > ${eapHome}/logs/startup.log 2>&1
.....................................................................................................................
Start failed.[/CODE]
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP Controller on Linux not starting
2018-06-10 05:23:50
and here is the content of startup.log:

[CODE] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.tp_link.eap.util.system.SystemUtil). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
========EAP_LINUX_MONGOD_KEY======
mongodPath = "/opt/tplink/EAPController/bin/mongod" --journal --port 27017 --dbpath "/opt/tplink/EAPController/data/db" -pidfile$
repairCommand = "/opt/tplink/EAPController/bin/mongod" --repair --dbpath "/opt/tplink/EAPController/data/db" --logappend --logpa$
"/opt/tplink/EAPController/bin/mongod" --journal --port 27017 --dbpath "/opt/tplink/EAPController/data/db" -pidfilepath "/opt/tp$
[/CODE]
Options
2018-06-11 07:18:05
There was a lengthy thread with this problem last year already, but wasn't fully resolved IIRC. See https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?97236-EAP-Software-Why-not-available-for-Linux-as-Docker-image&p=212626&viewfull=1#post212626

Things to check for:
- Does the Controller run on more than one system in the same subnet?
- Is mongod running already (e.g. if started automatically), preventing its start from EAPC?
- Does it run in a virtualized environment rather than on the physical system?
- Does your system provide a JRE different from TP-Link's embedded JRE?
- Is systemd configured to not interfere with nohup'd jobs?

I tested the tpeap script on Debian 8, Devuan Jessie, Devuan Ascii and RaspBian based on Debian Stretch; works fine on all those versions no matter how it is started (manually or during boot).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-06-16 23:21:22
- Does the Controller run on more than one system in the same subnet?

no

- Is mongod running already (e.g. if started automatically), preventing its start from EAPC?

on the system is no other mongod service installed. How do I check the mongod which was installed by tpeap-installer?

- Does it run in a virtualized environment rather than on the physical system?

no, runs on a Intel NUC

- Does your system provide a JRE different from TP-Link's embedded JRE?

no JRE installed by Ubuntu

- Is systemd configured to not interfere with nohup'd jobs?

this one I don't understand, please explain
Options
2018-06-17 05:33:53

LittleNo wrote

on the system is no other mongod service installed. How do I check the mongod which was installed by tpeap-installer?

Check for /opt/tplink/EAPController/bin/mongod, should be an executable (IIRC v2.2.2) included with EAPC if you don't use the native mongod package.

this one I don't understand, please explain

See this post, systemd setting KillMode should be process: https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?97236-EAP-Software-Why-not-available-for-Linux-as-Docker-image&p=213319&viewfull=1#post213319

If this is set already, try to execute line 79 of tpeap (the nohup $JAVA_TOOL -server -Xms128m ... part) manually. If it can be started manually, there is no reason that it fails if started by the script (except if Ubuntu's environment applies some kind of bad magic to commands started by scripts).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3274

Replies: 4

Related Articles