The local subnet and remote subnet cannot overlap with those of existing IPSec policies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The local subnet and remote subnet cannot overlap with those of existing IPSec policies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-12 09:24:24 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:40:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Title says it all.....
TL-R600VPN.
Need to be able to pre-configure multiple IPSec site-to-site (LAN to LAN) VPNs and selectively enable them, one at a time, as needed.
When I try to configure them, I get the message "The local subnet and remote subnet cannot overlap with those of existing IPSec policies".
Anybody know a way around this? I sure wish these limitations were in the "pre-sales" documentation....
Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:The local subnet and remote subnet cannot overlap with those of existing IPSec policies
2018-06-15 09:45:25 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:40:45
The IPsec policy itself cannot overlap. It has nothing to do with product design. It's a test mechanism between new entry and the existing entry.
Options
Re:The local subnet and remote subnet cannot overlap with those of existing IPSec policies
2018-06-16 00:49:36 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:40:45

fearthebeard wrote

The IPsec policy itself cannot overlap. It has nothing to do with product design. It's a test mechanism between new entry and the existing entry.

I'm not sure what, exactly, that means, but I can do it, and do it on a regular basis, with other manufacturer firewalls.

It sounds like what you're trying to tell me is that one can not configure more than one VPN policy with similar destination LAN ranges. If that's the case, I misunderstood the product specs, and I need to purchase a firewall by a different manufacturer.
Options
2018-06-19 16:58:12 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:40:45
it's coming by IPsec principle. it's matched by local subnet and remote subnet to forwarding data. if the existing entries are the same, where will this data go?
Options