Bandwidth increase results in lost Ethernet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-28 07:37:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

For many years, I have used a TL-SG1008D switch connected to my ISP provided router, then used two ports to activate two rooms in my house for Ethernet connectivity. I had 100MB and there were never any problems. After increasing the number of devices to my network for security, I decided to increase my bandwidth to 300MB. After the install, I had WiFi connectivity to the router but no Ethernet connectivity. I worked my way from the router to the Switch and confirmed that none of the Switch ports will connect to the Internet. I have confirmed Ethernet connectivity at the Router. I have confirmed cable continuity between the Switch closet and the rooms. I have reset Winsock, DNS Catalogue, IPconfig, etc. I have rebooted every device in sequence (router, switch, computer) after a minimum of 3 minutes of power down. I have tried other computers and I have wasted 8 hours on a problem that should be resolved with a 'Plug and Play' unmanaged switch device.

Ethernet controller: Intel (which has been uninstalled and reinstalled)

What am I missing?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Bandwidth increase results in lost Ethernet connectivity
2018-06-29 13:41:37
Update your windows driver software.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles