WiFi signal from Bt router not being found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-04 22:08:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased a CPE 510 Link unit for the purpose of being a repeater My BT router brodcasts both 2.5 and 5. During the set up process when I press scan it shows No networks. I need it to broadcast a signal into my garden for the purpose Of connecting a Sky q mini box in an outbuilding as well Am I going wrong with the settings in the routerAlso when setting up I have both the router and the link in the same room are they too close Also the Sky Q boxes cannot see the link but my phone can Any solutions would be appreciated Thanking anyone in advance
Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi signal from Bt router not being found
2018-07-06 05:14:59
Make sure the BT router (I assume it is an EU model?) uses outdoor channels (ch 100-140). A CPE510 can't connect to APs using indoor channels (ch 32-64).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-07-07 21:52:58
Thank you very much for your reply. My router is a BT and has only channels 36 40 44 48 but recommends to stay on super as it changes automatically to the best clear channel. I cannot get the TP Link to act as a repeater as I cannot do it in quick set up mode. I have managed to get it to broadcast but it comes up as an unsecure network. It still wont get picked up by the Sky Q box.
Options
2018-07-08 06:14:01
Thank you for the reply. I don't have that channel selection on my BT router just channel range 36 40 44 48 in the 5ghz . It has transmitted by way of me making a mistake somewhere but says it is an unsecured network. Do you have any info as how to set it up manually rather than quick set up as it cant find any networks Also when it was transmitting the only device that found it was my phone The Sky Q box cannot find it
I am trying to use it as a Repeater
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 3

Related Articles