No Gateway Found Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Gateway Found Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No Gateway Found Error
No Gateway Found Error
2022-03-12 13:03:14 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:03:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I have a New setup of Omada Devices with the Following

1. ISP Router Giving an ip 192.168.29.2 to the ER605
2. ER605 Having an Ip 192.168.10.1 and connected with a POE Switch TL-SG2210P v3.20 all this is managed with OC200 Omada controller

With this Setup iam not able to get the option setup the Static Ip address using the Omada SDN.

Can someone please point me to what am i doing wrong before i reset the device and set them up again

Thanks you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No Gateway Found Error-Solution
2022-03-14 03:19:18 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:03:21

@Seetx

Hi and welcome.

The ER605 will assign a device a DHCP IP. There is a DHCP IP lease time which means during the lease time, the device will use the DHCP. If the time expires and the device is still using dynamic IP, the DHCP server will assign a new IP to the device.

If the device is using DHCP IP prior to your action to assign a fixed IP, the device will use the DHCP IP and wait for the lease time to expire. Default time should be 120 minutes. After 2 hours, your device should use the fixed IP because the lease time expires.

About the device name that you see in the Controller, if you are using Apple products, you are likely to get a bunch of MAC address showing up as the Device Name because of teh private MAC address settings on your Apple devices.

MAC address is the unique identifier to make sure you set up the right device. This is also up to your device. If your devices cannot set up their device names, it'll show up either the MAC address or the name from the factory default.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No Gateway Found Error
2022-03-12 21:12:56

@Seetx 

Hey

Would you be able to provide a bit more detail into the issue you are having?  Is the static IP for the ER-605 or for a client device?    Also the post is titled 'no gateway error found' so not sure if that is your issue..

If you can clarify that would help!

In the meantime to set a reserved IP on a client, select it in the CLIENTS window, and on the right pane choose CONFIG and "use a fixed IP address"

Hopefully this is what you are requesting!

Options
Re:No Gateway Found Error
2022-03-13 03:27:40

@Philbert 

Sorry for the non-detailed issue description

The real problem is the assignment of Static Ip address using the OC200 controller.

When i assign the Static ip i some times take from a few hours for the client to get the ip address changed.

Also there is no issue with the Router,Switch,Poe switch or the Controller ip they are all good just the clients pick up all kinds of Ip address 

1 more thing i don't see the name of the device that make it a lot more difficult as well to know what device iam dealing with .

Sorry for all the noob questions iam moving from a Pfsense setup to the Omada SDN setup so it a lot different .

Options
Re:No Gateway Found Error-Solution
2022-03-14 03:19:18 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:03:21

@Seetx

Hi and welcome.

The ER605 will assign a device a DHCP IP. There is a DHCP IP lease time which means during the lease time, the device will use the DHCP. If the time expires and the device is still using dynamic IP, the DHCP server will assign a new IP to the device.

If the device is using DHCP IP prior to your action to assign a fixed IP, the device will use the DHCP IP and wait for the lease time to expire. Default time should be 120 minutes. After 2 hours, your device should use the fixed IP because the lease time expires.

About the device name that you see in the Controller, if you are using Apple products, you are likely to get a bunch of MAC address showing up as the Device Name because of teh private MAC address settings on your Apple devices.

MAC address is the unique identifier to make sure you set up the right device. This is also up to your device. If your devices cannot set up their device names, it'll show up either the MAC address or the name from the factory default.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 3

Related Articles