Internet issues - T1500-28PCT & AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-24 19:07:58

Hello,

Starting yesterday, we began having network issues.

We have network access but internet is dropping often for some users, and some users have no internet at all.

I'll describe out network topology:

We have a Telus ADSL modem (don't have the model # with me) - connected to a TP-Link AC750 Archer C2.

To this router, I have our server connected and a cable going to a TP-Link T1500-28PCT Smart PoE Switch.

All users are connected to this via a Trendnet TC-P48C6 Patch Panel.

A security tech was onsite yesterday, and may or may not have did something with the phone lines (bit of a mystery) - but he definitely didn't touch any of the above devices.

Today, the server has full connectivity, to the internet and the rest of the network.

The users are able to connect to the server, but some have no internet, and some have internet that drops often.

I'm baffled as to what could be causing this - especially since the server has a consistent connection - with no issues.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Amber

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet issues - T1500-28PCT & AC750
2018-07-24 19:45:30 - last edited 2018-07-24 19:47:12

If problems arise since yesterday, and the technician did "something to the phone lines" on this day, too, then I would ask him what exactly he did. He didn't need to touch any of your LAN devices in order to break Internet connectivity on the ADSL line.

If users can connect to the server, the server can connect to the Internet/users and the LAN network hasn't be changed since yesterday, then the cause for problems is not inside the LAN. To find out what happens, check IP connectivity of the user's device to the switch, the server and the Archer using ping and the IPs of those devices at the moment when Internet "drops".

If connectivity to above devices is given, check connectivity to a known public IP (e.g. 8.8.8.8, Google's public DNS server farm). If you have IP connectivity, check DNS name resolution. If you have no connectivity to a public IP, it's probably your WAN (ADSL line), which makes trouble.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re:Internet issues - T1500-28PCT & AC750
2018-08-09 14:31:31

R1D2 wrote

If problems arise since yesterday, and the technician did "something to the phone lines" on this day, too, then I would ask him what exactly he did. He didn't need to touch any of your LAN devices in order to break Internet connectivity on the ADSL line.

If users can connect to the server, the server can connect to the Internet/users and the LAN network hasn't be changed since yesterday, then the cause for problems is not inside the LAN. To find out what happens, check IP connectivity of the user's device to the switch, the server and the Archer using ping and the IPs of those devices at the moment when Internet "drops".

If connectivity to above devices is given, check connectivity to a known public IP (e.g. 8.8.8.8, Google's public DNS server farm). If you have IP connectivity, check DNS name resolution. If you have no connectivity to a public IP, it's probably your WAN (ADSL line), which makes trouble.

This!

Plus check the links. Probably, this guy accidentally touched pins on patch-panel, if it was close to phone line.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 935

Replies: 2

Related Articles