Configure EAP120 to disallow access and visibility to LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-09 18:45:20

We have a CenturyLink Actiontec C1900A router/modem as our primary router. As far as I can tell it does not support VLANs. I have configured it to have two SSIDs, one private and one public. The first defined SSID (private) has access to the LAN, but there is an option on subsequent SSIDs (#2 is public) to have access to a different subnet. With this setup the wifi on the router behaves exactly as I would like.

The challenge is that we have an EAP120 attached to the network that I'm trying to mirror the behavior. I have setup identically named SSIDs as the router, but both have access to the LAN by default. The only option I found was to create an access control rule for the public SSID so that it cannot reach the subnet of the primary LAN. This does actually work and prevents access to the devices on the LAN, the rub is that is that it does not hide the devices on the LAN and so anyone on the public SSID can see a listing of all the LAN devices. 

I believe I could setup the portal functionality and put it in guest mode and it'll prevent this (can someone confirm?), but I'd rather leave this simple and just have the SSID hide the LAN devices.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Configure EAP120 to disallow access and visibility to LAN
2018-09-10 11:32:58

Hi, 

For the Guest SSID, maybe you can refer the the FAQ1060: How to set Access Control to create guest SSID on Omada Controller/EAP

Options
Re:Re:Configure EAP120 to disallow access and visibility to LAN
2018-09-10 15:36:18

Thanks 7eleven! That's actually the document I referenced to get to the state I'm in, where wireless clients cannot access the LAN devices, but they can still see them. I was hoping the SSID Isolation would prevent seeing other devices on the network, but it appears to only block wireless from wireless, the LAN is still visible. 

Options
Re:Configure EAP120 to disallow access and visibility to LAN
2018-09-11 09:58:11

the rub is that is that it does not hide the devices on the LAN and so anyone on the public SSID can see a listing of all the LAN devices. 

Would you mind telling us where did you see the list of all LAN devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 3