This document introduces how to configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service by using NSSM.
1. A computer with the Omada Controller installed already.
2. Download the NSSM – the Non-Sucking Service Manager (https://nssm.cc/download)
1. Extract nssm.exe to a convenient location, here I use “C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\bin” as example.
2. Make sure you have ran Omada Controller before, or you can just keep Omada Controller running during this operation.
3. Run Windows Command Line as administrator and cd to the path you placed nssm.exe. Here is the C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\bin.
4. Type nssm install “Omada Controller” to create a new Service using nssm.
Set the following parameters as listed below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\jre\bin\java.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\jre\bin\
-server -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=60 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=30 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Deap.home="C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller" -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\lib\*" com.tp_link.eap.start.EapMain
Add one if you want
Local System account and select “Allow service to interact with desktop”
set scriptDir="C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller\bin"
set eapHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\TP-LINK\EAP Controller"
5. Click Install service and will show you the successful note.
6. After the Omada Controller service is successfully set up, please restart your computer and the Omada Controller service will startup automatically. Please check on Windows Task Manager to see if the java.exe and mongod.exe are running properly. Then you can type http://127.0.0.1:8088 or https://127.0.0.1:8043 to login to the Omada Controller’s Web management page.
1. After the NSSM is installed successfully, you can also use nssm edit “Omada Controller” command to edit the service.
2. When you are going to update the Controller, please remember to stop the service first, or the process will be denied.
PS: This guidance refers to the post of the_MiCrO : https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/87217?replyId=184576. Thanks for the help!!!