Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-16 15:42:59

Hi

I have a 10+ Google devices. They connect happily to the 2.5GHZ networks I set up on 2 EAP225 and 1 EAP110 access point, but I can't get them to connect at 5GHZ. I've tried everything you'd expect - a 5GHZ only SID, a dual 2.5/5GHZ SID, different radio settings on the 5GHZ network.

Any ideas?

Gabe

Options
4 Reply
Re:Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network
2018-09-17 06:10:35

What's the model of these Google devices? You need to make sure if they support 5G radio. Maybe you can try to connect with 5G radio of other AP/Router, check if these Google devices can work with the 5G radio.

Options
Re:Re:Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network
2018-09-17 08:24:35

Thanks. They are Chromecast Audio and 2nd gen Chromecast devices so do support 5GHz. I just tested them with another AP (Fritzbox) and they connected successfully.

Eg 

263 / 54 5 GHz / ac / 80 MHz
WPA2, 1 x 1

Options
Re:Re:Re:Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network
2018-09-17 08:35:39

OK. Half a solution. I fixed the 5GHZ channel to the one that just worked on the other router and it connected. This seems to be the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/6lwrix/chromecast_2_doesnt_support_high_channels_on_5ghz/

I'd rather not hardcode the channel, but I guess it's one option.

gabrielhopkins wrote

Thanks. They are Chromecast Audio and 2nd gen Chromecast devices so do support 5GHz. I just tested them with another AP (Fritzbox) and they connected successfully.

Eg 

WPA2, 1 x 1

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Chromecast and Google Home Mini devices don't see or connect to EAP225 5GHZ network
2018-09-17 10:25:20

gabrielhopkins wrote

OK. Half a solution. I fixed the 5GHZ channel to the one that just worked on the other router and it connected. This seems to be the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/6lwrix/chromecast_2_doesnt_support_high_channels_on_5ghz/

I'd rather not hardcode the channel, but I guess it's one option.

gabrielhopkins wrote

Eg 

WPA2, 1 x 1

I figured it out. I have a couple of US EAP225s running on a European network - so all my own fault - but solvable by setting the channels. If anyone knows a way to flash the US controllers with the EU firmware - warranty invalidating or not - I'd be keen to give that a try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3366

Replies: 4