R480T+ Version 9 Question on bandwith control and IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-18 09:52:18 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:26:56

I have setup an IP Group named Office_group, Set the address range to 10.0.3.1 -10.0.3.254
Ive setup
bandwith control RULE list of LAN<-->WAN_ALL  assigned the Office_group into it with 8mbps Ulpload and 10mbps download shared bandwith and  enabled it from 7AM to 7PM

Under User management, I created  a Formal User type with maximum users of 50 and left all to default.
I enabled web authentication with custom page.

Question: How do I control what IP address range are received by users logging in?
I connected a computer to test my setup, but It gets a random IP address (unless I make it reserved). 

I wanted  different departments to receive different ranged of IP address so that I can control how much bandwith they will consume and up to what time they can access the internet.

What are the IP groups and Webgroups for? How do I use it?

Thanks everyone.

Options
1 Reply
Re:R480T+ Version 9 Question on bandwith control and IP addresses
2018-09-19 08:48:44 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:26:56

Generally, if you want give different departments serval IP address range, you will need more than one subnet.

But unfuntunally, this router cannot more than one DHCP Server. So it can not supply more than one IP range.

As your needs, you cannot control your end device to choose which IP unless reverve it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 751

Replies: 1