Cannot Add EAP115-Wall to Omada Control Panel - Cannot find in Omada Discovery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-25 08:58:25

Hi All,

So I have two EAP110's in our office that have been found and added to the EAP Controller software without problem. 

Now we are moving offices and thinking about expanding our wireless infrastructure with TP-Link hardware, so we know the EAP110's work well, but wanted to test the EAP115-Wall's as well.

These seem to work well, on their own, but I cannot get them to be discovered by the Omada Discovery nor by the Controller Interface itself after the other two have been setup.

I've downloaded the newest Omada software and setup the Controller on our WIndows Server again and still was not able to discover the EAP115-Wall. Is it supposed to be able to be controlled simultaeneously with the Controller Interface?

I set the static IP on the EAP115-Wall so that it should be visible on our subnet, but it is simply not discovered by the Omada Discovery tool.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Add EAP115-Wall to Omada Control Panel - Cannot find in Omada Discovery
2018-09-26 10:50:50

EAP will broadcast UDP packets (discovery packets) to 29810 port in same subnet. If Controller receive the discovery packets, then Controller will show this EAP in pending list. If Controller and EAP locate in different subnet, you should use Discovery Utility or DHCP Option 138 to tell the IP address of Controller to EAP, then EAP will unicast discovery packets to Controller directly. 

Please close the firewall/anti-virus on your PC first, it may block the discovery packets from EAP. You can also use wireshark to capture packets on this PC, and check if EAP has sent discovery packets to this PC.(You can filter it with udp.port==29810 in wireshark)

Options
Re:Cannot Add EAP115-Wall to Omada Control Panel - Cannot find in Omada Discovery
2018-09-28 07:52:24 - last edited 2018-09-28 07:52:44

Okay I will double check all of the above, thank you.

But just to confirm - the EAP115-Wall should be able to be controlled by the EAP Controller software, without a physical Omada controller?

Options
Re: Cannot Add EAP115-Wall to Omada Control Panel - Cannot find in Omada Discovery
2018-10-03 20:25:12

ndom91 wrote

But just to confirm - the EAP115-Wall should be able to be controlled by the EAP Controller software, without a physical Omada controller?

Sure. The physical Omada Controller is just a piece of hardware running the Omada Controller software (a.k.a. EAP Controller).

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1671

Replies: 3