How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-28 10:41:25 - last edited 2018-09-30 01:05:46

Hello. anyone can help me how to do this.  using vlan. how to configure multiple ssid with different subnet. TIA! 

https://www.tp-link.com/th/faq-1849.html in the faq.i tried already and it work but only 1 switch . but how bout if i have 3 switches and i have many eap.?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products
2018-09-30 08:19:03

Hi dude

I think it's the same with one switch or 3 switch. According to your network, it if you want the switch above to be the DHCP Server.

The other switch only need to config the VLAN to make sure the traffic get into the correct VLAN as you wished.

Options
Re:Re:How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products
2018-10-06 10:28:04 - last edited 2018-10-06 10:30:46

I made this configuration for a school too 3 SSID, with 2 inside VLAN10 and 1 inside an isolate guest VLAN20 and multiples EAP connected to 2 SWITCHES

1. ROUTER: you will need to setup your TL-ER (router) a route to transfer packet to second/tird/fourth/... IP-VLAN10 & 20 of your subsidiary SWITCHES.
  2. SWITCH: as one from yours switch will be the DHCP server (not the router) you will need to USE DHCP relay with the others switch and have the same VLAN settings
  3. EAP: SSID will need to be taggeg with VLAN according your choice of subnet linked with those SSID

Options
Re:How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products
2018-10-12 03:53:30 - last edited 2018-10-12 03:55:00

If you have multiple switches, you need to tag the ports the same way on each switch and make sure they are tagged to the uplink trunk/interface. The APs will have unique IP addresses, but it won't matter which switch they are on if the ports are all setup the same. All vlans will use the same IP Helper addresses across all switches, so it won't matter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1670

Replies: 3